Last night in the UK we had the most beautiful full moon and also meteor showers at intervals... magical.
We painted the room this light grey blue and bought curtains, which arrived today. The picture on the packaging was right but inside was the wrong pattern. A new order will be arriving after Christmas so I decorated the track with tinsel and baubles as I didn't like looking at an empty track!
Hubby put the fairy lights up outside the back of the house, it's really pretty in the evening sitting out there with all the multicoloured lights reflecting on the glass roof.
Isn't this lovely? it's a local pots/pans shop and the baubles are collanders tied together with ribbon to make baubles.
| sorry about the reflection! |
My son made a sponge cake yesterday, there was only one slice left this morning
- someone had the midnight munchies!
I have been decorating the house for Christmas. My neighbours have moved out and gave me their dining furniture, including this pretty dresser.
We painted the room this light grey blue and bought curtains, which arrived today. The picture on the packaging was right but inside was the wrong pattern. A new order will be arriving after Christmas so I decorated the track with tinsel and baubles as I didn't like looking at an empty track!
Hubby put the fairy lights up outside the back of the house, it's really pretty in the evening sitting out there with all the multicoloured lights reflecting on the glass roof.
I painted this watercolour quite a few years ago for the house. Next year I will be
getting back into silk painting, which I have missed.
Wishing you a very happy christmas and new year.
Thank you to all visitors who leave friendly comments and emails.

Lovely dresser!
ReplyDeleteWhat a disappointment to have the wrong curtains sent. You will enjoy them even more when they come!
Beautiful! Happy Christmas to you, sweet friend ❤️
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas to you too chuck!
ReplyDeleteIt was indeed a most magical solstice xxx
That pic is crying out to be painted! Get your game on, Missus! Happy, happy Christmas Day to you and yours when it comes. xxx
ReplyDelete(Love the dresser, it's so tidy inside!)
hello Betty. My blogging visits have been erratic as I have my Mum staying & computer time is limited but I wanted to pop by & wish you the happiest of Christmas's Betty ...hope you & your family have a wonderful festive season Xxx
ReplyDeleteI'm a little late to read this post - but I did enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
All the best Jan
beautiful sharing dear friend :)
ReplyDeleteglad that you had such a lovely Christmas :)
hugs!