Monday, 26 October 2015

Some of the shops locally have been putting up some beautiful window displays:


have you noticed how shops are going back to proper window dressing - even the charity shops - I will post some more pics next time.  I like this restaurant sign - all you have to do is use up your spare time!



I'm not a meat eater and wondered if this butcher display might make a meat eater hesitate before coming through the door, the piglets are so cute!


I have had some unexpected gifts from my blogging penpal **Ann** who sent a surprise parcel full of goodies including this beautiful, pure mohair wool blanket which is huge, warm and very soft. a lovely book to read, lavender hand made soap which smells wonderful, a bath sachet I have yet to try, delicious fudge; all wrapped in lots of billowing tissue and purple ribbon - thank you ever so much Ann, everything is lovely and I feel thoroughly spoiled.





It's a dark day today so I can't get a good picture of my lovely mohair wrap, the colours are very bright and vibrant.

After the delight of discovering cinnabon at Ikea recently, I had a go at making some for the men




It's very satisfying to roll them and make the whole kitchen smell of cinnamon!  I like the smell so much I have bought cinnamon aromatherapy oil and also cedarwood and ginger, they go well together in an oil burner.......


I painted some more dandelions on silk, trying out different colours, wondered if this might work for a silk scarf..... a wintery blue?....


or a more muted version of the (psychedelic) one on my last post.



 I framed the first, large silk I did and it looks very satisfying filling the empty wall, I wouldlike to create something more wintery next time the paints come out, frost and berries perhaps.



Pumpkins are appearing all over the house - I love their bright colours and skins and am looking forward to the Halloween weekend - will you be decorating the house too?  we don't trick or treat now the boys are grown up but we usually get a few little ones visiting and so I have a cauldron ready full of goodies for them.  Back soon, the door is ajar - do come in for a chat and leave a comment if you have time, thanks for stopping by....  Betty 

16 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift, unexpected parcels are such fun!
    Gorgeous blue scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dandelions are magical.

    Yes we decorate for Samhain. But we get few little kids. Our house is across the street from a little woods. :-) Which makes the street a wee bit dark.

    But we do get lots of the college students, from the adjacent college. Probably just the Freshmen... They have fun making 'home-made- costumes. And going door to door.

    Happy Pumpkin hugs,
    Tess
    "The Nana Witch"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it really odd to see Hallowe'en suddenly becoming such a big thing. You're right the charity shops have gone all out with their displays. I'm afraid it doesn't do anything for me but I do like curried pumpkin and apple soup so I'll be buying a couple to mash up when they're reduced next week.
    Lovely parcel, the mohair wrap sounds wonderfully snuggly. Just the thing for these chilly evenings. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to come by for tea. I'll be there in 15 minutes.
    I have been considering a batch of cinnamon buns, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I crocheted a pumpkin. That's my Halloween prep done! Glad you liked everything. Would love that cinnabon recipe. I think you should sell those beautiful scarves. They really are superb and would love to see a pic of the one in the frame. Have a great week, Betty. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Nana - i have lost the recipe - will find it again and email it. i am going to make a few test scarves up to sell on my folksy in the New Year and see how it goes

      Delete
  6. Wonderful, relaxing gifts! Your dandelions are so gorgeous! And I can almost smell the aroma of cinnamon rolls baking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pumpkins Betty, one of my favourite things. We dont really celebrate Halloween so much here in New Zealand although slowly I notice it is creeping into the shops. Ann sure does send the most magical parcels doesnt she.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am up early this morning and would LOVE one of those cinnamon rolls. Have not painted in ages, but am thinking some aspen trees with bark might be just the ticket. Wondering if you purchased anything at IKEA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought two very large picture frames to fill! also some microfibre bath mats to keep the swamp down in the bathroom!

      Delete
  9. I like both those dandelion paintings. I'm not keen on cinnamon myself. There is a butchers shop near here that puts real pigs heads in the window - makes me shudder and hurry away! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ADORE your dandelion silks!!! So lovely! Too lovely to place in a closet or drawer, so framing is great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh yuk! and I just remembered my mother boiling pigs head in a big pan all day for the dogs and then my dad kicking it round the garden like a football - eeew

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Halloween being an Autumn / Winter person. The colour spectrum really appeals to me. Your paintings are gorgeous! I'm going on a ghost walk round an old estate nearby on Halloween, but will be rushing home in time to greet the small ghosties who come to knock. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.