Thursday, 30 July 2015

Prioritising

Hello, this week I have been shuffling my priorities.... 
getting to the gym four times a week decorating the house, cooking better, walking more and a self challenge to read a book a week have all come to top of the to do list as they are things I like doing but don't always spend enough time on.... blogging is a way of being creative, but there are other new ways out there I need to try ....




This little blog has come full circle, it's been a great place to meet fellow bloggers, show the odd painting in ta-da moments and I have enjoyed some great swaps. I have shared pictures of the most wonderful things from Woodland ....



I have become pen pals by email with other bloggers (that will continue!) and enjoy visiting you all and seeing what you are up to on your own blogs (that will continue too)....




This blog mustn't be more important than real life though, so before it becomes a hindrance to all the wonderful things that are yet to learn, see and do  ..... I will leave the door ajar, as though I have just popped out, and concentrate on my to-do list.  Thank you for being a visitor and taking the time to leave comments and read my waffle, encourage me with my painting and appreciate my woodland walks.  Sorry I'm not here but there is so much to do and so little time I feel I must catch up with the World out there.  This is a blog with a happy ending :D


Betty




Update: Thank you for your lovely comments... I will leave the door ajar  :D






18 comments:

  1. I understand, Betty! I will miss the blog but now I'll just email you. You are a sweet and kind influence, inspiring and motivating, too.
    I hope you LOVE shifting things a bit, thinking about what you feel led to do.
    YOU are a prize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Betty
    I wish you well with your plans, but will miss your blog posts (and the beautiful accompanying bird song). Enjoy catching up with the world...
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt sad reading this Betty ... however I fully understand exactly where you are at. I am glad you wrote you will just leave the door ajar ... who knows down the track, you may wish to come back again. I always enjoy your posts on happenings in your part of the world & your beautiful paintings. I do find blogging takes up time though & when you write a post you turn around & suddenly a week or a fortnight have gone by & gosh ... where did that time go to. Take care Betty & enjoy working through your to do list .... shall be thinking of you x0x0x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will sorely miss seeing you here but will definitely be keeping in touch via email and the odd snail mail stuff, hopefully! Feeling a bit similar, myself. Hope you get around to doing all the things on your 'To Do' list. Thanks for being here, Betty. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty, there may be a time in the future when you will return to delight us with your lovely paintings and woodland walks.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am sure there will be a right time to return. Right now it is so important to regain some balance as real world has become very higgledy piggledy :D

      Delete
  6. You know you can make it a once a month posting blog! It would be sad not to "hear" from you anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rose, I will have more time to visit your blogs though and desperately need this 'time out'.

      Delete
  7. I am glad you are leaving the door ajar, and hope you will one day in the not too distant future pop back in to tell us how you are. In the meantime enjoy whatever you decide to persue. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy all your new plans, Betty! It is good to have a break sometimes, for however long you need...glad the door is ajar but not closed :)
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your visit and sweet comment Betty. I think that everyone needs a break from blogging sometimes. I have taken breaks in the past when it get to be a job and there's too much on my plate.

    It's very wise of you to leave the door ajar because you can always return if you wish.

    I love going back and read some past post that I have forgotten about and it's reminds me of such happy times in my life sharing moments with my family. My blog has become like a record of what has been going on in my life.

    I'll be back when you return, if you choose. I hope you have more time to paint as you are very gifted.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Betty....good for you. Sounds like it's just what you need to be doing right now. I am so glad of your unique style & blogging friendship & getting to know you over these past few years. Life evolves...breathes. Every blessing to you. Chat again soon. Much love Catherine x0x0x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Live first, blog later but don't neglect it altogether, its hard to pick back up after an absence. Stay in touch. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will miss my trips to the wood. I understand Betty, life is for living...stay happy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Betty- I sure understand about blogging taking time. Do hope though you keep the door ajar. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very understandable, Betty. Blogging can sometimes feel as an obligation, and that is not good. I hope to see you on your blog now and again. And I wish you all the very best on your life adventures! xx Judy

    ReplyDelete
  15. You do exactly what you know is best for you...

    Gentle hugs,
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Betty- I totally understand your situation.... Life happens and there is just not always time to devote to our blogs. I honestly do well to post about twice a month...
    Love
    Vicki

    Ps- the pink painting is gorgeous!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.