It's been a quiet week of gardening and local walks.
Just beyond this view is the airport runway where we like to watch the planes with a picnic by the river on the way back.
ox-eye daisies are everywhere this week, we saw woodpeckers, rabbits and evidence of
a great horned owl
If we do an evening walk we might be lucky enough to see him,
he looks like this ....
![]() |
| www.larkwire.com |
...we nearly missed this important message....
by a child who had put this message on the gateway to our walk - it's delightful isn't it!
Here's another message, posted outside a barn house near here
they must be very slim birds.....






What a thoughtful child leaving that message. He's been brought up well!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous scenery. I love those ox-eye daisies. I need some in my garden. x
That message left by that child is just delightful Betty ... such lovely reading on your walk. And gets the message home too I think :-) I hope you get to see the Owl one evening.
ReplyDeleteWONDER IF THEY ARE HUMMINGBIRDS?
ReplyDeleteYou have a beautiful garden! And gorgeous visitors:)
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful how young children understand and have an affinity with animals and birds. Why do the majority change when they become adults?
ReplyDeleteA poignant message so thoughtfully written - love it!
A long time ago my son and I visited Bournemouth on a Saturday morning and on the Street was a group of people trying to raise awareness of the owls. The barn owls on display were beautiful - I will never forget that day!
Hi sweet friend! I love owls. We saw one on a church roof not long ago. I wanted to get a closer look but I was so thrilled to SEE ONE!
ReplyDeleteI wish I could lure an owl here like Nancy did.
Take care and enjoy Mr. Badger. There is NO rush at all to post him on.