Monday, 8 June 2015


It's been a quiet week of gardening and local walks.
Just beyond this view is the airport runway where we like to watch the planes with a picnic by the river on the way back.



ox-eye daisies are everywhere this week, we saw woodpeckers, rabbits and evidence of
 a great horned owl 


If we do an evening walk we might be lucky enough to see him,
he looks like this ....

www.larkwire.com
...we nearly missed this important message....


by a child who had put this message  on the gateway to our walk - it's delightful isn't it!




Here's another message, posted outside a barn house near here
they must be very slim birds.....





6 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful child leaving that message. He's been brought up well!
    Gorgeous scenery. I love those ox-eye daisies. I need some in my garden. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That message left by that child is just delightful Betty ... such lovely reading on your walk. And gets the message home too I think :-) I hope you get to see the Owl one evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WONDER IF THEY ARE HUMMINGBIRDS?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a beautiful garden! And gorgeous visitors:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful how young children understand and have an affinity with animals and birds. Why do the majority change when they become adults?
    A poignant message so thoughtfully written - love it!
    A long time ago my son and I visited Bournemouth on a Saturday morning and on the Street was a group of people trying to raise awareness of the owls. The barn owls on display were beautiful - I will never forget that day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sweet friend! I love owls. We saw one on a church roof not long ago. I wanted to get a closer look but I was so thrilled to SEE ONE!
    I wish I could lure an owl here like Nancy did.
    Take care and enjoy Mr. Badger. There is NO rush at all to post him on.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.