Saturday, 11 April 2015

Saturday

 A rainy day here so we will be staying in, I am learning to play chess and doing a bit more decluttering,most of the contents of my wardrobe went to recycling this week (I have lost weight and was hanging on to things that don't fit). It feels really good to have given them away as I was looking at 'stuff' and feeling guilty.  I found some lovely blogs about decluttering, mindfulness, etc. Will put some links in my next post.



I finished the tulips from the other week and am off to watch Thunderbirds - being an oldie I was a fan of the original series and am really enjoying the remake (UK) - have you seen it?


Thanks for all your comments on the last post.  Our Government will be making the decisions on the oil here so I am certain locals, wildlife and the environment will all be given consideration in any plans for the coming years.

12 comments:

  1. Hi pal, I've been chucking things too - but only because they're too SMALL for me now. Lots of comfort eating which I must put a stop to now!! I thought you were going to say you were off to see the Grand National!! I must check out the new Thunderbirds. I used to think Parker was very hard done by!! I just absolutely love your new tulip painting - it's very,very good. Have a good weekend and will write soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see the Grand National -will be watching on telly of course and have a small bet on (we aren't gamblers but this is the exception!) Parker is still as subservient as ever on Thunderbirds. Thanks for admiring the tulips - I think they are a bit flat myself and am going to try and put more light in the next effort.

      Delete
  2. It was drizzling at 6am this morning but it's lovely now.
    Well done on the declutter, doesn't it feel good?
    Your painting is gorgeous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always donate to charity when decluttering and it sure makes us fell good. Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous painting Betty! Congrats on the weight loss and decluttering, both of which I need to do. So will be looking for those links next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the Thunderbirds when I was a kid, too. It was an amazing series! I didn't know there was a remake. Congrats on the weight loss and closet purge! Have a lovely weekend, dear Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking ay all the beautiful wild flowers you photographed it seems worrying about the ok drilling. It us bound to have serious implications on the natural environment. I love your painting Betty. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was very disappointed with the new Thunderbirds .... not a patch on the original! You've put me to shame with the decluttering. I keep trying but I'm such a hoarder I find it difficult.
    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will check out Thunderbirds to see if it is available anywhere.

    Good for you on de cluttering.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy weekend, Betty! Your painting is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, de-cluttering is an endless story in my house - but it always feels good when you do some and hopefully the stuff finds a new home!
    Have a good week ahead.
    xoxo Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  11. Decluttering always makes you feel so good. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.