Monday, 30 March 2015



Ambercat just wanted to sit and betoday  in a new to her chair (mine).
Thanks for stopping by, welcome to two new followers - you don't seem to have blogs of your own - perhaps you will start one, hope so.

We awoke to the arrival of Spring today, now the clocks have gone forward the light feels 'right'; we have strong, warm, winds today - my fence is flapping.  Our budget won't stretched to repairs just now, so we observe and speculate over whether the fence will hold out - I secretly look forward to it falling completely as I would then have an uninterrupted view of the woods!

Today we had rissotto for lunch...it was quick and easy with some left for tomorrow - we have both teenage boy and university boy home for the next few weeks, they are always hungry - especially the younger who has taken up weight training.


 I had my paint brushes out for a while....





 then spent the afternoon planning excursions...


This book came from the library, I would never have read it if it hadn't been sitting, waiting to be chosen.... libraries are like treasure boxes - books I didn't know existed line up for selection and are a delightful surprise.


Just imagine finding your way into this beautiful cove, accessed via a fairly ambitious swim from the sea, through a cave - our planned excursions will be less daring, involving short drives to the local coastline and hurried walks in wellies to the nearest bit of sand and then home for tea!

Looking forward to the weekend, have a great week everyone.



15 comments:

  1. Betty sorry about your fence. I have to admit that although i love the font style I cannot read the posts as my eyes are not that good. Is there any way you can enlarge the text as I am sure that will help? Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really struggling with reading your text on my screen since you changed the font. I'm going to have to go by the photos like I do when Google Translate isn't working for the foreign blogs I follow! Gorgeous Ambercat and stunning art work. That book looks great. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a restful but productive weekend. Your new watercolors inspire me to get mine out again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Betty, you have such a lovely blog! Your paintings are so pretty and I love your to-do list. Just wanted to say Hi to you and let you know I came by! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, library displays are quite wonderful...

    On one, I found a book, which actually changed my life. And no, it wasn't one of those books, which proposed to change one's life. ,-) No. It was my introduction to a wonderful man and his mind. Joseph Campbell...

    Gentle hugs,
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I love your silent wish, that the fence would fall down! So you could see directly, to the woods! Oh yes! I second that.

    I love having no fence distraction, to inhibit my view, of the little woods, across the street. :-) Welllllllll... If you don't count the cars zipping by, at some hours of the day/night. -sigh- But this doesn't happen, allllllll the time. :-) And the little woods, is always there....

    Gentle hugs,
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was frightened for a moment when I saw Amber in the thumbnail! I was afraid she might be unwell. Yay for her desire to seek cozy resting spots! I hope your fence falls down, too! Easy woods access!
    Keep feeding those boys lovely food. It's a sweet motherly privilege, isn't it?
    Really, seeing Amber makes me crave a kitty of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank goodness you changed the font - I was having trouble with it too - as lovely as it was! Glad the boys are home and you're getting to be a full-time Mum for a while. Hope you have a F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S weekend, Betty. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. ps forgot to say, I love the new daffy paintings. Would have made lovely EASTER CARDS!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Ambercat! What a sweetie. I think libraries are Treasure Troves too. I will put a gorgeous book on my next post- it's a stitching book, and has lots of projects I want to try.Just love the change in the seasons too. Poor fence..we have a bathroom or two that are fine, but the dark colours are depressing.We are saving up.We have been putting off renovations for 15 years since being in this house.
    I used to paint on silk, but other projects have taken over.I am not as quick doing things as I used to be.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ambercat looks so lovely there Betty. Have been thinking of you & how lovely it will be to have both sons home together. Your daffodil paintings look beautiful, so glad you are getting spring there now x0x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to steal Ambercat's pillow! Love it! Did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's loads better, thank you so much! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you've changed your font, I was completely unable to read your last couple of posts. I agree about the library - unknown treasures waiting to be discovered. Have a lovely Easter. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your flower paintings!
    Wishing you a Happy Easter!
    xoxo Ingrid

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.