Friday, 6 February 2015

Signs of Spring

Here's a little bit of Spring in silk painted form...



It started out with a sketch I used a few years back, I copied it on to silk and used a black gutta...



..

then added some nice cheery Spring colour.


We have had a little snow and much cold, I can see catkins nodding away in the woods behind the fence and I hope to explore at the weekend.  There are small signs of Spring, some bulbs in the garden, birds nests appearing on barren trees and the odd bumps on my climbers that indicate shoots are busy growing and about to sprout.

Hungry squirrel (basket full of bird seed)
the wildlife is coming to us - squirrels, coal and blue tit, blackbird, robin, magpies and wood pigeon - all hungry for fat balls so our garden has become a busy place and the conservatory a cosy place to observe.  Do you like Helebores? they are such delicate flowers - this one is indoors as I like looking at it up close - my basket of bulbs is coming out in bloom too - all very uplifting.
.
colour in my conservatory this week
  
I am settling down with some library books now...


a rum and coke and a good book!
Have a lovely weekend - thanks for stopping at my blog.



17 comments:

  1. I think that's one of your best paintings, Betty, if you don't mind me saying so. It would make a lovely CARD too!!I love the vintage look of the colours. Enjoy your rum and coke!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, maybe later this year I will get a few printed up and see what they look like.

      Delete
  2. As always, Betty, your silk painting is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Hellebores!! Mine are growing but are only 6 inches tall so far. I like your "bulbs in a basket".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hellebore is only 6 inches, I got it from Poundland, maybe it needs to go into the garden now and spread its feet.

      Delete
  4. It is so lovely! I have been in my place 2 months and still settling in so eventually I want to try my hand at what you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you do Rose, you will enjoy yourself, it's such a relaxing hobby and the results are always a surprise as the ink does what it wants pretty much.

      Delete
  5. Your silk painting is beautiful. I am looking forward to spring very much. Wrap up warm. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - yes I do like wrapping up warm too! an excuse to wear the tartan mohair scarves I have been collecting on EBay!

      Delete
  6. Your silk painting is lovely Betty. Looks like we are having an early Spring too and we are very happy about it. Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love hellebores. Your painting is so colourful and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely floral silk printing!
    Thank for your visit to my blog.
    Have a great week!
    xoxo Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  9. O for the joys of Spring. A lovely feeling deep down inside.......xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely painting as always Betty. You are so talented. Do you sell your paintings at all? Love the spring colours. Things are really starting to happen now aren't they? We went on a walk in the countryside this weekend. Loved seeing the catkins and the sun was shining! Our bulbs are coming up in the garden. Our primroses are already out, so delicate, lemon yellow-love seeing them grow wild in Spring.

    Have a lovely week. Your posts really lift the spirits!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colors in your painting, Betty! I am SO itching to garden, but it's still too early here. I might just go have a walk around the nursery/garden center anyway!
    Sending love your way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely silk painting, Betty! The flowers are so colourful and cheerful. I love hellebores too...we have a lot of white ones and just a couple of pink in our garden.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.