Saturday, 28 February 2015

Goodies

 I booked a day's holiday - it's so nice to get up late on a Saturday and potter about without having to worry about the time.  I finished my book 'Heaven is for Real' - it's such a lovely read, I recommend it.  Now I'm off to the  'Harry Potter' library to choose more books, followed by a swim, a nice relaxing day.

favourite library - worth a short drive as it's so much nicer than my nearest!


Just when I thought I was all birthday'ed out... there has been post - these beautiful flowers and chocolates came from my blogging pen pal Annie this morning - Annie and I were partners in a swap a few years ago, we have kept in touch by emails, have often exchanged little packages here and there and become sort of pen pals.  Thank you ever so much Anne - chocolates are delicious and the carnations really fresh - they smell wonderful too. xxx


 The picture doesn't do them justice - they arrived beautifully boxed with card, in celophane, fresh and fragrant.  Chocolates neatly tucked in so as not to damage the flowers.  I am very lucky to have kind friends.

 Remember the swap I took part in last year and this pretty picture that my partner Claire sent me?  I love this vintage style print and have the picture on display in our downstairs bathroom which has a seaside theme.


So when I found this dress for my Summer holidays I knew it was reminding me of something, it took a while to realise why! 



Although The style isn't my usual I have lost weight so feels very comfortable to wear and is lined so hangs well.  I was lucky to buy online in the sale and with a further discount plus free delivery from Boden.  I bought a few other things in their sale too, will show you next time.

Hope you're enjoying your weekend as much as me.  Bye for now.



8 comments:

  1. Aw you and sweet Anne make the very best sort of friends! I love you both! Have a wonderful day of holidaying at home! Very cute dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress. Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. It osunds like this birthday was a memorable and pleasant one! You well deserved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you treated yourself to a day off Betty - we all need to from time to time. That dress looks like a shift dress style - I have started wearing those this past Summer & they are so comfortable. That one is particularly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been away & must've missed your last post ... so just wanted to stop by & wish you very belated birthday wishes dear friend x0x0x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How thoughtful of Anne. I love getting belated presents and cards, it makes a birthday last much longer.
    That dress is fab, the print looks wonderfully retro. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet goodies and a darling dress. Happy birthday, once again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated Birthday! What a lovely surprise through the post from your blogging friend! Love your new dress too.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.