Friday, 5 December 2014

Brighton

Brighton was very cold with a damp drizzle but was improved considerably by the presence of Elizabethd from Cornish Cream.  How lovely it was to meet a fellow blogger.  We met at the pier and walked to the nearest Weatherspoons for coffee and later lunch and all the time lots of chatting.  A very enjoyable day out.  As both of us are camera shy you will have to imagine us tucking into our toasties!  I can tell you that Elizabethd has the most beautiful hair and is a warm and friendly person that you would quickly feel at ease with.  Thank you very much Elizabethd for meeting up - it was a good day.  We walked in the direction of the main shopping area on departing but earlier that morning I had arrived via The Lanes, so here are a few snaps along the route.



A small amount of festive cheer could be found - polar bear, reindeer, penguins and fur coats...


Cyber Candy window displays are always really creative


There's a new cake shop on Sydney Street - sorry can't remember it's name!


... but I won't forget the beautiful cake displays.
Wouldn't mind this moose head for my wall!
This artist gives her birds very interesting facial expressions/personality! they are all individual



Nearly forgot the fake fur coats - this is the place to buy one -
I already have one but was tempted by the golden curly one.
Trying them on brought back a childhood memory of us three children
tucked up in bed with our coats over us, our little arms down the sleeves and hands in the deep pockets,  all snuggled up to keep warm
(there was no central heating in those days and no carpet in our bedroom either so socks were essential too!)


The salvage yard in Brighton is the place to find a good old fashioned 
fire grate - complete with logs.  Wouldn't you love to come home to a roaring fire like this?
we had coal files when I was a child - they smoked a lot and the cat would lie on the embers when the fire had gone out - his fur often smelled singed and smokey!
another festive shop window - I liked the wooden tree in the top corner.

By the way: I had a false start on Monday as I got the day wrong, but luckily didn't get on the train - this is not unusual for me - it has been a timely reminder though to get a big calendar with lots of space for writing things - I chose one by the lovely Susan Branch.  She has a beautiful blog/website full of her delightful artwork which you can google on her name - she has copyright on her pictures so you will have to take a look - you will like it a lot.

Well that's all from me for now - I am doing a bit of home making (I love that phrase- what does it mean really? making things homely, welcoming, cosy?)  well, I am putting a little bit of Christmas here to make everything feel cheery anyway.

Thanks for visiting - I am always so pleased that you have and appreciate your comments. Betty x

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely day out in Christmassy Brighton! And how good to meet up with a blogging friend too :)
    Happy weekend.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a lovely day out and thank you for showing us the festive decorations. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous day out! Good to hear that you kept the blogging tradition alive by visiting 'Spoons, a must for us thrifty types! The salvage yard looks great as does the rail of fake furs. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a marvellous day. How fun to meet up with Elizabeth! Wish I could have joined you two for a chat and walk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun that you and B. got together! Joy!
    Have fun homemaking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a lovely day out meeting up with a fellow blogger there Betty. Thanks for sharing - I love all your photos of the shops. Enjoy your homemaking ... I love that word & think it should mean just whatever you want it to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun & cheery pictures Betty. That sounds like a lovely meet up. When we went on our little holiday we arranged to catch up with dear Julie (above) in Cambridge...so wonderful to "see" her. The time flew by! Chatter, chatter. likewise no actual photos. I do hope you're feeling better again & that you enjoyed your elderberry elixir..yum! Much love for a cosy week, Catherine x0x0x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh Betty! Brighton looks wonderful .... just my cup of tea! I have a friend who lives there and is always inviting me to stay, it's such a long way, one end of the country to the other, but one of these days I definitely will. Thanks so much for popping in to see me, I have missed you all so much. Such fun meeting fellow bloggers, I love all your picturtes. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't see any of those pretty windows! But I did enjoy our time together so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.