Sunday, 14 December 2014

December

I made a fake wreath for the lounge wall
and decorated a little indoor tree this week.





The sacks I made for the boys when they were babies
are always put out at Christmas, along with my snowman painting.
It's nice to have things for special occasions don't you think?


some favourite baubles and ornaments


We had a pink sunrise several mornings this week:



and pink winter blossom at the library - I could easily have missed it if I hadn't looked up!



Teenage boy turned 16 this month, so we celebrated with our favourite cakes - baclawa
from our local Taj supermarket - an Asian delicacy of filo pastry, syrup and pine nuts... very delicious.



Busy preparing for some family visitors now.
How's your decorating going?



Might not be blogging much for the next couple of weeks
so much to do, so little time!

10 comments:

  1. Always so much to do at this time of year. It is nice to have special things. I still have things for the tree, that my boys made when they were little and they're in their 30's now. I treasure them and they come out every year.
    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to bring out some of our old favourites at Christmas. I love your reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Decorating? No! I might chop a few holly branches down but that's it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is looking lovely and festive Betty. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful season Betty. Happy birthday to the soon to be man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a meaningful Christmas season with lots of good times, Betty.

    Pretty decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved seeing all your Christmassy prep, and beautiful wee snowman painting. I do love this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks cozy and festive at your house, Betty! I hope your week isn't exhausting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All looking lovely at Wood Fairy Towers! After my valiant attempts at installing some Xmas cheer this weekend, my Mother walked in today and said 'it's like Santa's Grotto in here'! Sometimes, you just can't win! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seasons greetings sent to the woodland. Its looking very festive. I love that reindeer cushion.it made me smile. Yes it is lovely to open that Christmas box of decorations carefully packed. Its like revisiting special old friends.
    Backlava is yummy. First tried it in Greece. Then turkey and morrocco. They seem to do variations of it all over the Mediterranean.
    Much love x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.