We visited the small village of Slindon recently in search of the perfect pumpkin. The Upton family have put on a display every year and people come from some distance to admire. Much of the area is owned by the National Trust, the surrounding houses and gardens are very pretty.
There is a local pottery where ceramic pumpkins were on sale, we loved these mouse house lights made by a local lady.
and
blushing bracket fungi
Now I must get busy writing for a letter swap I am in
there will be a couple of day trips out as teenage boy is on school half term.
We will also be having a go at making pumpkin bread.
Thank you for stopping by, and for your recent comments...
have a good week
Betty
I expect the profit margins are small on farming pumpkins, it looks hard work growing this kind of crop
as they take up such a huge amount of land and are heavy to harvest.
There was a large variety of pumpkins and squashes, from very large to tiny in
all shades of orange, red, yellow and green.
I was so pleased to find my camera - I had missed it, even though it still has two annoying grey blobs that I can't remove from the lens!
St Mary's church is very picturesque. Inside it was decorated with pumpkins but too dark to get a good photograph.
There is a local pottery where ceramic pumpkins were on sale, we loved these mouse house lights made by a local lady.
most of the buildings in the village use this lovely stone.
Over the weekend we had a short walk in the woods (pictures by teenage boy)
,we found a huge shaggy ink cap
and
blushing bracket fungi
Now I must get busy writing for a letter swap I am in
there will be a couple of day trips out as teenage boy is on school half term.
We will also be having a go at making pumpkin bread.
Thank you for stopping by, and for your recent comments...
have a good week
Betty

Wow, that is an amazing display of pumpkins!!
ReplyDeleteHelenxx
I love using so many different sorts of pumpkin to make a picture! And the mouse house lights are just beautiful! Have a good half term!
ReplyDeleteI love all things to do with the pumpkin family Betty, & just love growing them & gourds also. Your day out looks just lovely, & your pumpkin bread sounds delicious. Do take a photo if you remember.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great day out. The pumpkins are so colourful and various. They incorporate all the colurs of Autumn, for me. Have a good half term!
ReplyDeleteJacqui x
Love the RAF pumpkin display. Looks like a great place to visit. Good luck with the bread making Betty. Have a marvellous Monday.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes Molly
Love that third pic of all the pumpkins. It would make a great print. Glad you're getting out and about. Hope half-term goes well. x
ReplyDeleteDearest Betty-
ReplyDeleteI don't think I've ever seen such a magnificent and unique display using pumpkins and squash-- it's truly amazing!! Beautiful gardens-- love the cottage-- would die for one of those little mouse lights-- lol. How adorable!!
Beautiful fall photos/- such a lovely time to take walks.
Thank you for your visit-- your beautiful words-- and all the loving support you send my way.
Love, love
Vicki