Friday, 19 September 2014

This Week


This week I have been pottering about in the garden when not at work.  My garden is very small so we have to cram everything in - lots of pots hold my herbs, chillis and orange/lemon trees and there are tubs filled with flowers, old recycling bins filled with more flowers - you can imagine - it all gets very dry even at this time of year so watering is a twice daily event, but worth it to get all this colour.

 we have had a lot of discovery apples from our little tree and plenty of chillis.

I parked up and walked through the community orchard to visit Lingfield library - The orchard is full of chestnuts, apples and pears.  I feel very lucky to walk through this beautiful village and choose books from this ancient building (last on the right)


I gathered conkers to keep spiders out of the house.



 The woods just behind my house are looking like this at the moment......still very green


I had a lovely parcel from my blogging penpal Nana Go Go yesterday - there was organic dark chocolate and irn-bru cake which was eaten fast... a dear little crochet basket, bluebell soap,


Betty handcream (this is so fun - I have never seen it before, perfect for a wood fairy) - thank you Nana - it was so kind and thoughtful of you and I feel very pampered.  When you close your eyes and smell the bluebell soap it smells just like the bluebell woods in April!








I think just about everyone has completed on the swap I hosted
I hope the links work so you will be able to see the posts about the swaps
(if they don't there is an earlier post where the partners were first allocated)
everyone had a lot of fun and received some beautiful gifts - myself included of course
as I swapped with Claire of Thriftwood.


Vintage Hearth
with
A Whole Plot of Love


African Aussie
with
Dosie Rosie

My Threadbear Life

with
Nana Go-Go

Sprouting Creative Wings
with
Mad about Bags

Creative Chaos
With
Cornish Cream



Toadstool Tales
with
Feltabulous



Thriftwood
with
Betty the Wood Fairy (me)

Well, it's been a nice week and to finish off today teenage boy has a school closure 
so we plan one of our epic walks....
Have a lovely weekend and thank you for stopping by, please leave a comment if you have time - it's lovely to know you have been this way.



8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've had a lovely week.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so lucky to be having this great weather and nice to enjoy being outside while we can. We had a bumper crop of tomatoes this year. Have a fabulous Frida.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its surprising what you can fit into a small garden, mine is packed. Thanks for hosting the swap, I had huge fun taking part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love that Nana! Bluebells! Mmmmm! Your crops are excellent! You are a true wood fairy, Betty.
    I hope your walk today IS epic. Sending lots of love your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Conkers keep spiders away. Really? This would be very good news to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad your swap went so well Betty.
    I love those old building too they have so much history.
    Have a lovely time on your epic walk.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos Betty. What a lovely parcel from Anne - doesnt she make up just the most thoughtful lovely packages?? I did not know conkers kept spiders out of the house. Have a lovely week x0x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know that about conkers v spiders either. Going to try it - spiders' webs everywhere. I came home today and there was a web being spun on the outside of my kitchen window, right in the middle of which was the biggest, blackest spider!!Sorry but I very quickly got rid!! Anyhoot, glad you loved all of your things - was a pleasure sending them to you.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.