Thursday, 4 September 2014

Doing Nothing

 Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing,
 of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear,
 and not bothering
 Winnie the Pooh

I have been reading Winnie the Pooh books lately - can you tell!  I think this should be my motto ... I am partially deaf so spend a lot of time listening to things I can't hear - and then not bothering!



My early morning cup of tea was spent observing this spiders web.
 
Goring by Sea
This was one of those family days when you all sit around saying 'I'm bored' (well I do anyway)
and then after mulling it over you all get up, jump in the car and
go to the seaside (having checked the tide times online!)

We needed some fresh air and a good walk and that's what we got here.
Lots of people had tents out and were having barbeques along the seafront but our trip wasn't that well planned.  We like people watching though so were happy.



Goring by Sea

I particularly like stones, especially ones with holes
my mother collected them - they are not hard to find
I do like to find them with things like limpets stuck fast.
As a child I would spend a long time trying to remove
various sea shells from their rock anchors and I would still like to do so today!

Simple things are the best.
I am looking forward to the cooler weather,
more days indoors and maybe time for some painting other than walls!

What are you looking forward to?
 We have a long term plan to move to another place
far away, by the sea - it isn't time yet
but we have started to think about it a bit - had a lot of fun looking at towns and villages and houses online - the internet makes everything so close and real ... maybe it will be a reality....
but not yet.....

It's good to have plans and dreams
Do you have some? 


 






9 comments:

  1. Love Pooh even now and we can so learn a lot from that bear. We are still enjoying the lovely weather and long may it continue. Dreams well for us just to be happy. Doesn't matter where it is just the state of mind. Have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apologies Betty, I have not stopped by for awhile. I read your posts but then go off & forget to comment, & I do enjoy them so too. I love your photo of the spiders web. So glad you had a nice outing to the beach. We are a little way from the beach now, about an hour, but I did grow up close to the seaside & took it for granted I think. I think thats great that you have a long term plan, I think its always good to have these little things to look forward to one day. Our lives change as our children grow & leave home & our wants & desires change along with them. I hope you get your house by the seaside my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to be so close to the sea! I'd be there every day, I think.
    I've always been a woman without a plan, as long as I get my bit of India each year I'm content! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty, I imagine you are always, always, doing something. Usually creative and resulting in beauty.

    Love the spider web; so glad you caught that in the light!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Betty, I love the quote and sentiment behind it. Doing nothing doesn't get the attention it deserves yet it brings such pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My youngest sister said to me one day, 'I don't know how you can just sit there and do nothing?' to which I quickly replied 'when you've had as many 'get-up that's the alarm going off' mornings as I have, you can sit and do nothing too!' I live by a beautiful coastline but at the moment the local council are planning to allow an energy park to be built, with deep water dredging to take place to allow oil tankers to berth!!!It's a real fight the locals have on their hands but we're giving it our best shot! Just call me 'Nana the Activist' from now on, though I won't be chaining myself to any railings! Loved my parcel from Julie, as you can see and she should get hers from me sometime next week - I've only just posted it I'm afraid! Have a great week, Betty and you could always come up here to live - plenty of cottages by the sea for sale!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only recently discovered your blog but it is already one of my favorites! Have a good week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, lovely post, look forward to reading more.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful spider's web photo. I think doing nothing leads to being creative and is very good for the soul too :)
    Happy weekend.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.