Monday, 25 August 2014

Late Summer


Summer holidays have been restful with days out and walks in the countryside.....



I have seen electric blue dragonflies, woodpeckers and a kingfisher with his distinctive blues and oranges.

I have watched films:

The Way, Way Back
Nebraska
Saving Mr Banks

Had a day trip to Brighton with teenage boy...



We found the Buddhist Centre and knocked on the door in hope of a cup of tea - we weren't disappointed, they invited us to use their kitchen and make our own!  We were shown round the centre and found it has a library of books on meditation.  This was a real find, we talked about mindfulness and sipped tea before moving on to....


the beach - we walked along the West pier end up to the shops and had falafel wraps for lunch at our favourite supermarket, Taj Mahal International Foods (we also brought back our favourite Baclava dessert for hubby).  This is the food we love the best, we also come here for olives as there is a huge choice, their flatbread selection is also vast and very affordable.

http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz_photos/taj-mahal-international-foods-brighton#tv7Qs83-PveXfE3aCHPaGw

I am still in the middle of decorating the house, might show you a bit when it's finished, right now there are paint pots everywhere, half sewn curtains and an untidy garden to sort out so I will be back when I catch up.


7 comments:

  1. That sounds and looks like a great day. How lovely of the Buddist centre to be so welcoming. I've done a few classes at the Birmingham one and they are such lovely people.
    The Taj Mahal sounds like my kind of shop! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you have had a lovely Summer Betty and that shop sounds great. Good luck with the rest of the decorating. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. You take your kids on great adventures, Betty! I can't wait to see the decorating! Is your holiday coming up soon?
    Sending heaps of love your way . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been busy! I picked up 'The Way,Way Back' at the library today and had a look at the cover but put it back on the shelf. Is it any good?I WILL get to Brighton one of these fine days. The food sounds delicious. Have a good week, Betty. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This year so far was spent fixing my home up, putting it on the market and now dealing with escrow! Soon I will start a new adventure on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you've had a good summer, and it sounds like you had a good day out in Brighton. The food shop looks really good.
    It also sounds like you are pretty busy on the home front - its a good feeling when all the hard work is done and you can stand back and admire the changes!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Betty, I'm glad that you are having such a restful Summer. Mine has been rather busy and my gardens are in disarray and weeds have taken residence.

    How welcoming and peaceful to be invited in the Buddhist Centre for tea.
    It's hard to believe that Summer is almost over. The grandkids are returning to classes the first week in September.

    I would love a leisurely walk in the wood with time to explore and savor the little delights hidden there.

    I had a fear of cows when I first started working at our dairy farm 6 years ago. My fear was caused by being chased by a large Long Horn bull in a field. I have lost my fear but they are large animals and I respect them. They can be unpredictable especially when they have a young baby calf.

    I'm looking forward to seeing your home decorating.
    Thanks for your comment on my blog.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.