Thursday, 21 August 2014

From My Home To Yours Swap

UPDATE:  IT'S TIME TO GET READY TO SWAP -
THOSE PARTICIPATING PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE IN CONTACT WITH YOUR PARTNER BY EMAIL, HAVE EXCHANGED ADDRESSES AND AGREED A DATE TO POST
DON'T FORGET TO GET SOME PROOF OF POSTING - IT WOULD BE A SHAME IF ANYTHING GOT LOST AND COULDN'T BE TRACED
AFTER ALL YOUR HARD WORK CREATING YOUR PACKAGE
WHEN YOU RECEIVE YOUR SWAPS PLEASE LET YOUR PARTNER KNOW,  DO A POST ON YOUR BLOG AND EMAIL ME SO I CAN DO A MONTH END POST.
LET ME KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY PROBLEMS I CAN HELP WITH 
I WILL DO A POST AT MONTH END TO HELP PARTICIPANTS BLOG HOP THE SWAP.  THANKS FOR TAKING PART.
BETTY X
 
My own swap post follows below.....

My swap arrived on Tuesday - but I was at work and missed it ... the post man whisked it away and held it at the depot, two mega (12 hour) shifts later and the suspense was over, I rushed out early this morning to claim it!  It was from Claire at Thriftwood and was full of wonderful surprises. 



Inside were TWO beautifully sewn pictures, one was a Dr Seuss quote that I had told Claire I am fond of - I love Dr Seuss so much ... there was also another embroidered quote on a seasidy theme - I love them both - Claire had even framed them and they are already on display at Touchwood...


isn't this a lovely idea? a quote on a pretty print ...


There was lots more - some Kendall cake (never tasted it before - saving to share with the men) and a stick of seaside rock, some pretty pencils in a flowery pot, a Homes & Antiques magazine to settle down and read, some sandcastle flags, a pretty little star fish which is with my seaside picture in the guest bathroom, and the most beautiful little wooden acorn lightpull - just the ticket for my bathroom too, I hope I didn't forget anything!


I love my acorn sooo much!  This was a huge parcel and it was very exciting to unwrap and find so many lovely things to treasure.  Thankyou to Claire for being a fabulous swap partner....

For my side of the swap I sent Claire silk painted scarf and lavender bag gifts on a woodland/countryside theme - you can visit Claire **HERE** to see what was in my package to her.


THANKYOU CLAIRE!!! for being a fabulous swap partner xxx

10 comments:

  1. Oh, man! I would do a swap with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous parcel, how thoughtful and beautifully presented. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely swap goodies. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Betty. Hope all is well with you and the family and that you have and are continuing to enjoy the Summer. What a lovely swap but pity you missed the mail man and had to waste time at the depot.
    Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Betty! It was a really lovely idea and a fabulous swap. So glad everything fits in well at Touchwood!

    Love Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow, what a kind and generous swappee Claire is. I love everything and that Dr. Seuss quote is so you! My swap partner Julie and I have communicated this week and are sending our parcels out at beginning of next week. I keep changing my mind about what to send! That scarf is gorgeous, btw. Well done. Have a great weekend, Betty. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Betty, just to let you know that my swap partner and I have been in touch and like you I missed the postman so I'm off to pick up her parcel shortly - I hope that she gets hers as it was posted on Saturday.
    Thanks very much for the fantastic swap - it's a little like Christmas!
    Emma
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Betty, just to let you know that my swap partner and I have been in touch. Like you I missed the postman so I'm off to the post office to pick up my parcel in a while - it's like Christmas! I hope she gets hers ok too.
    Thanks for the fantastic swap.
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Betty
    Just to let you know that I have just posted about the swap. I really enjoyed taking part.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous gifts, truly thoughtful x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.