Friday, 20 June 2014

Surprise Package

I got a fabulous surprise this week ... it's sort of an un-birthday surprise package from Anne at Nana GoGo - everything was very 'me' and had been chosen with great thought ... I was very lucky to receive such pretty gifts - sometimes we send each other little gifts as we are pen pals, this, however, was of epic proportions, take a look....


Top left is everything together, there are some beautiful crochet coasters, which will be going up on display somewhere as way too pretty to be used - they match the colours of my lounge in oranges and browns.  The little wooden toadstools are hand made and match one I already have from Anne.  The fairy picture is an oblong soap dish which is currently on display in my conservatory so I can look at it a lot!  The book is a Beatrix Potter with the original coloured illustrations that I love so much - I have several of these now, all different and all treasured.  The best of all was this beautiful Royal Albert china sugar bowl, in 'Betty' design with my name on the base!  The flowers are just so delicate and pretty, colours beautiful and it is in perfect condition.
Thank you so very much Anne - I love everything and your package made my day.



12 comments:

  1. I treasure a beautiful crochet doiley which Anne sent me a while ago - she truly is a gifted and generous lady!
    Weekend blessings! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely parcel indeed. Fancy that, having your own name on the bottom of the sugar bowl! x0x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How kind and what a lovely selection of gifts Betty. Enjoy. Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such thoughtful gifts. What a sweet friend you have.

    Know you will enjoy these delights for years to come and think of Anne each time you admire one of your treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such thoughtful gifts. What a sweet friend you have.

    Know you will enjoy these delights for years to come and think of Anne each time you admire one of your treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so nice in the collage! I'm so glad your bowl got there in one piece!Enjoy everything and have a good week,Betty.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, Nana is so nice! I like her!
    All the goodies are so YOU! YOU are a sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely, no wonder you're thrilled to bits ... and it's not even Christmas!!
    Good on Anne, another kind and thoughtful person :D)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun!!! Thanks for stopping by!!
    Martha's Vineyard is such a wonderful spot...I hope you do get a chance to visit!! And I as well would so love to come to england again!! It's been too many years for me!! I did a good portion of the coast to coast walk and I did see Beatrice Potters house!!! Heaven!!
    I just love your silk work...it has a Chagall feel to it !!!
    Happy Day to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Betty,its always so nice to receive a surprise parcel and what a lovely parcel. I just love the toadstools and sugar bowl,so thoughtful. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.