Monday, 9 June 2014

From My Home To Yours Swap





Please post the button on your blog if you don't mind  To make this a good swap lots of us need to join in so please spread the word.


If you would like to join the swap and didn't comment on the last post, please leave a comment on this post.  

Please state if you would like an overseas or own country partner when you leave your comment.  If there are enough overseas participants I will do my best to accommodate.

I will pair partners on this blog on 20th June

It's everybodys swap, so if you have suggestions to make it better/more fun/easier, please feel free to comment.  Likewise if you/your partner agree to deviate slightly, that's ok too.  The idea is to send your swap partner gifts relevant to your location (country, county or town as appropriate).  I am suggesting 4 main items, one of which should be hand made (or if you aren't a crafter, maybe purchase handmade).... affordable additions to your main gifts could be postcards, recipes for your region, tourist booklet if you are lucky enough to live somewhere touristy, etc. Try to make your package packed full with interesting bits and bobs that your partner will enjoy discovering.  Remember to make the packaging as exciting as the contents - recycling pretty paper, ribbon etc. will keep your costs down.  Please check with your partner on what is a suitable budget as this will vary depending on likely postage costs and cost of living in your part of the world.  Most swaps these days seem to aim around UK £10.  It's a good idea to get to know your partner, her likes, dislikes and, of course, agreed budget,  and to find out what the postal rates are likely to be before you start, do you want the budget to include postage or to add postage for example? 

 Total 4 main items, at least one being handmade

-keep in mind some people may have allergies and some countries have restrictions
 on food/herbs/seeds through the post, so check with your partner.

There is no rush, there's nothing worse than joining a swap that has unrealistic deadlines and pressure to get it all posted, it's supposed to be fun.  It takes time to make something worthwhile, time to get creative, time to source gifts on a theme, so I am giving everyone plenty of time - I suggest we are all posted by 31st August - do you think that's enough time?????  Please mutually agree your posting date with your partner so if one of you is on holiday, this will avoid any delivery issues. 

The only big rule is:  You must take a proof of posting so your package can be tracked.
Any lost in post/delivery issues must be resolved by you with your partner. 
I would always do my best to help but can't be responsible for any disappointment.


When you have both received your swap please do a short post about it all.
  I will do a round up post in September so participants can visit each other and see how the swaps all went.

Please let me know if I forgot anything important or if you have any questions.

Thanks x





19 comments:

  1. I'm happy to join and don't mind where I send.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are not crafty Betty but we hope it goes well. Let us know if we can help get the word out. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck and will post the button tomorrow. Think I already signed up but in case not, I'm in! Will write soon too.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes I would love to join in. I live in tropical queensland Australia and dont mind where I send. i will be away for some of July and August, but can make the deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Betty - all your rules sound good to me my friend. I would love to take part & am happy to post overseas. Please put me down on the list :-) I will add your button to my blog when I can figure out how to do this !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Betty can I join in please .looking forward to getting started. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like great fun so can I join in please.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't do the swap because I have 30 little things to make for my daughter-in-law's women's retreat. I haven't started, but I think I'll make little books with my sewing machine. You are a nice swap hostess, Betty dear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to join in with the swap! So pleased I have found your blog! Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to join in - in New Zealand - gives you another international swapee.

    ReplyDelete
  11. just realised i hadn't actually signed up, count me in please- just doing a blog post about it now xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yes please it sounds huge fun, I would love to sign up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to join in the swap, \i'd prefer a swap partner in the UK please. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I would love to join in, I would like my own country partner. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Betty
    This sounds like a lovely swap - please count me in. I would be happy to post worldwide. I'll mention the swap on my blog as soon as I can.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Count me in ! I'm in Australia I'm happy to send any where

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes please... Just discovered your blog and swap from Tracy @ Mad About Bag's blog :)
    I'd prefer UK or EU please
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi - I'd like to join in. Am happy to have happened upon your blog and the swap too. I'm in Australia and happy to send anywhere. cheers Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Apologies - just realised I'm too late (story of my life)!.
    I will aim for the next one. cheers Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.