Monday, 7 April 2014

Here's a splash of colour to brighten your day.  Poppies - I rarely see them but felt like painting some.
Colour is therapy don't you think? it affects your mood.  I was wearing the same red this painting day.


More poppies, a choice of crowded field or big and bold alone.


I prefer to paint small but big was required here - a lot of space to fill.  I experimented with salt on the first one and thicker paint on some parts to make an interesting texture.

My thoughts are still on my last painting though of the birds nest we found, we have been ill so unable to go for our walk in the woods this weekend, just one week away and I feel deprived!  I am keen to know how the blackbirds nest is doing, whether the bluebells are forming, what new buds are out...


It's half term here but Tummy bugs and flu came to stay and then we took a trip to the hospital at the weekend, it has all taken a little out of us, so we are resting, eating well and hoping for our strength to return quickly.

12 comments:

  1. Oh dear, sorry to hear about your illnesses and hospital trips.
    That poppy painting is gorgeous, straight out of a 1970s dreamy Fake advert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful poppies. I do hope you feel stronger soon, these bugs are horrid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing these beautiful poppies on this rainy grey morning surely brightens my day, Betty! And I love your bird's nest! I hope you'll be better soon and see how the blackbirds are doing. xx Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no we hope all is better now. Betty we love poppies and we love your paintings. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful poppies, Betty!
    I hope you are feeling well soon. Bless your house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful poppies. Love the blue along with the red. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feel well soon, lovely. I hope you all feel well enough to take another woodland walk soon. Wishing you a good week xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear the 'unwell' news. Hope it's all ok now. Let me know. I love your poppy paintings and personally, I have just one word for them .....CARDS!Love that blue in the eggs too. Once upon a time, the paint colour 'cobalt blue' was so expensive, that the artists used it very sparingly indeed. I have a couple of 'Russell Flint' prints that I love, where he uses that same colour to full effect. You're going to be famous one day too,Betty, I can just tell. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Betty. I'm sorry you are feeling under the weather.
    Your poppy paintings do brighten the day - so pretty. That lovely birds nest of eggs is so sweet. Good wishes to you :D)

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful poppies, I love poppies their colour fills me with joy, hope you are feeling better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you're soon better! I love poppies and they are abundant around here in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love poppies and these are gorgeous, as are the bird eggs. The sound of birds I hear on your blog is perfect. I truly hope your health improves. Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.