Thursday, 20 February 2014


A  little more work done on the abstract art experiment using my library book for guidance. Second layer but I see too much blue to the right and too much empty space below...



Third vand final visit and it's looking a bit like meadow flowers - what a nice surprise.



What fun that was - turning the splodges into something that they seemed to want to be (poppies in case you hadn't guessed!) - I enjoyed doing something new, not having to worry about how it turned out and getting a surprise result. 



Should it be framed? yes, if it makes me smile and the colours lift my spirits, why not?


The blogs I find myself visiting the most are the ones that invite conversation, that are cheery and positive. Some inspire me so I feel I must rush off and be creative myself.  I hope that maybe I make you feel like taking up a brush and being creative too.


Some blogs I follow are talented people who have focused on a particular medium - watercolour or felting perhaps.  Some have the most beautiful photography, others are good at gardening, crochet or knitting and the fabulous colour combinations those bloggers choose are art in another form.  Take a look at my Inspirational Blog List on the sidebar - hope you will find some new places to visit and enjoy them as much as I do.

We enjoyed our curry - chicken tikka, rice and salad - simple but colourful....





Do come back and visit on Monday to help blow out the candles on my
 birthday cake with me through cyberspace as I celebrate my 55th birthday! 



16 comments:

  1. Nice painting ... You make me want to pick up a brush and try my hand at water color. I've never tried water color or even acrylic painting on canvas. I painted on craft paper with the kids. I need to buy some water color paint.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad Julia! I just have a tiny little set and three brushes, paper I bought 'practice paper' from a supplier which works fine for me, so no great outlay. I am pleased that you feel inspired. Betty

      Delete
  2. Betty, your art is gorgeous! how fabulous would that be if it was fabric form? I'd love a maxi dress with those beautiful blooms and bold colours! Even veggie me can appreciate your Indian dinner, it looks wonderful! see you on Monday! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea for a dress - I would love to try painting this on silk but it would probably take me too long - you have fired up my imagination though. I was a veggie for most of my life Vix, meaty meat is new to me in the last few years for health reasons, but strong indian flavours help to make it easier to get used to I am finding.

      Delete
  3. Oooh so gorgeous Betty!
    A beautiful ray of colour to brighten anyone's day!
    Simply scrumptious
    Tilly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Tilly Rose, glad your day is brighter.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful Painting Betty - love the colours - I really adore poppies for some reason. Gosh you have done well using just the library book.
    Happy, happy birthday for Monday dear friend - hope you have a wonderful day. x0x Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Julie, library books are the best way for me, I found at the painting group I tried, we didn't get much done,or I wasn't in a painting mood - too much chattering! I can get lost in a book for hours though and then there are brushes and paints everywhere and no dinner done!

      Delete
  5. Your "splodges" are lovely and so appealing...I applaud you making something that will bless the walls of your house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, that's a lovely thought - my house does feel blessed. Making our home pretty and personalised has to be the best way of using creativity.

      Delete
  6. I love the poppies! Woo hoo! You'll be my age!
    I like your "to do" list, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! another year older another year wiser methinks! I love birthdays Pompom, can't think why some people don't, age is not an issue for me - it's a chance to celebrate life and to remind ourselves how much there is that we have yet to do/enjoy/learn don't you think.

      Delete
  7. Hi
    Your paintings are lovely, very loose and colorful.
    I enjoy your blog very much and especially your to do list.
    Has inspired me to have one as well, if you don't work towards something you want, it doesn't happen.
    Kind wishes
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The to do list is a great way to keep hopes and dreams in sight and real. You really would enjoy SFT Saving for Travel blog on my bloglist - she plans the most fabulous holidays and motivates the rest of us to join in with her Sealed Pot Challenge amongst other things. I couldn't find a blog for you Wendy, if you have one I would like to visit.

      Delete
  8. These poppies are gorgeous. Beautiful work and happy almost birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAPPY,HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR TOMORROW BETTY.xxxx Hope you get spoiled rotten - you deserve it. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.