Sunday, 17 November 2013

Autumn


Walks in the woods have been rewarding. These teeny little fungi were in the dark part of the woods, I will probably look them up in a book I have when there is time as I like to know if they are poisonous or not.


Also these miniscule fungi growing on all the dead wood around


I found siilver birch bark hanging in bracelets from a branch and took them home to dry out - I saw a magazine article somewhere - either Landscape or Country Living magazine - where the bark was used to cover a glass candle holder, creating a lovely soft light,  I do love to bring a little of the woods into my home and this is a very pretty way to do so, if they turn out ok I will post a picture.


I can't remember if I posted this one, it's on silk and is of the rosehips and crab apples I am drying for my Christmas wreath, I was experimenting with black.  I have resolved to stop silk painting now for 6 months in the New Year and concentrate on watercolour which needs practice and I think is more versatile.  As you can see I still haven't done with conkers.  I love their lime green colours so much and never lose interest in opening them to see the shiny little conker inside.  They are all gone now of course.


Oh nearly forgot about the nightgown I was planning to sew - that will have to be postponed until New Year - I waited ages for the brocade to come in stock only to find it wasn't wide enough! I have never had a work in progress before as I am an obsessive on finishing before starting anything new! but this will have to be a first I'm afraid as I just don't have time at the moment.

I made a start on my Christmas fairy for my partner Hannah,  not finished yet but I am having a lot of fun making her as can do little and often in small moments, working shifts makes life a bit disjointed at times. Think I should slow down for a while now.  Hope everyone is getting on alright with their swaps.

Have a wonderful restful Sunday.  Betty x

6 comments:

  1. You are so talented. Your silk painting and watercolours are so beautiful. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty it is a lovely time of year and the silver birch idea sounds great. We will miss your silk painting but look forward to more watercolours. Pity about the brocade.
    Have a serene Sunday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your silk painting is lovely and so are your conkers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your walk in the woods rewarded you nicely. Lovely pictures. That mushroom, my it is intricate, and could we ever replicate that copper colouring?

    I am slowly making progress on my fairy. Used Fimo clay for the head, hmm, verdict is not yet out on that one.

    Your cooker picture is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Betty! I like your watercolor work very much!
    I have not started my fairy/angel. I will. I have to think about it first.
    Walking in the woods sounds wonderful. I'm so glad you share your thoughts with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous post Betty - love those autumnal colours in your paintings. I look forward to seeing your bark candle holder if you get it done. I always have lots of works in progress, so I wouldnt worry too much about one nightgown :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.