Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Sealed Pot Challenge

I joined the Sealed Pot Challenge at THIS blog earlier this year - we are all saving up for something special - my something special is a weekend in London just before Christmas.   Each week we visit the blog and chat about our savings for the week - last week mine was £29 lottery win and £5.40 saved on free parking near work some of this will go in the pot (the rest is for a night in Brighton next month we are also saving for).  I don't know how much is in my real money pot as you have to open it with a can opener! but I also have an online bank account that automatically creams off the odd pence from my current account and stashes it for me so it's all adding up.



The blog hostess is now setting  a new challenge too - her Wakeup Call challenge is for a healthier lifestyle - maybe you would like to join in too?  I just decided to join in.  I had already joined a gym about 6 weeks ago and have been enjoying 3 or 4 visits a week, when I started off I couldn't do much due to the cracked shoulder injury from last winter - but in only two weeks found swimming loosened it up and am now able to do some weights and cross training, I lost 1 1/2 inches off my waist in the first month.  My aim is to tone up and cut down on stodge.  Joining the challenge will keep me focused and it's really helpful to be part of a like-minded group of bloggers all inspiring each other.


This week I  am getting outside as much as possible, after work today I went for a swim and then found this book in the library (it's really light and fun reading) and read in the garden this evening...

Source - Amazon

I have not made my doorstop, or decorated my dining room or anything! so feeling a bit annoyed with myself but there just aren't enough hours in the day at the moment and this sunshine is too good to miss, don't you think?.   Thanks for stopping by, Betty.




12 comments:

  1. Hi Betty,

    Thanks for the link, isn't it wonderful that we can encourage and support people to reach their goals. And I will blog about the bad days too-it's got to be a real challenge.

    I am really looking forward to joining the gym and 3 times a week would be achievable for me too. So we can be blogging gym buddies!

    I bet you can't wait until your Christmas treat, you've saved so hard.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you for both saving and going to the gym. Fabulous and you shouldn't be hard on yourself for not decorating or making a doorstop, you are doing so much else. Let's enjoy this weather whilst we can, even though it's just a bit toooo hot for me ;-)
    There must be something 'healthy' in the air at the moment as I've joined Weightwatchers and am managing to stick to the diet, still who wants to slave over a hot stove this weather
    Stay cool and have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are working on something that will pay off well in the end. A vacation!!!! Good luck at the gym

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress on your waist reduction and way to go with fitness. Not only will you be fitter but also you will be able to reward yourself with a well deserved trip to London without guilt. Bravo. You are going in the right direction with your lifestyle.
    Good luck to you Betty.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. There'll be plenty of days to paint your dining room ... when the sun's shining isn't one of them!

    Love the saving idea, am I too late to join in?

    Love Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have just had a look, and can see that I can join in too ... thank you, for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your sealed pot challenge. Great idea. We think you are absolutely right. Make the most of the sun while we have it. Have wonderful Wednesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh goodness, save that list for when the rain comes! Stay outside with a book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are ambitious taking on these challenges, Betty. It will be worth it in the end and you will have a wonderful vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful challenges. I hope you succeed in both ; )
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy every minute Betty, we ve waited long enough! Well done on the challenges too.Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Betty - just checked into amazon to have a bimble at Domestic Sluttery. Am now concerned what sort of book titles and other suggestions they might send me

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.