Monday, 29 April 2013

April


Hello, how was your April?  hope you can stop for a cup of tea and a chat... here's what I have been doing, do you like the format I am using for photos? as I am posting monthly it enables me to cram lots in....



Watercolour -my tutor is helping me define my 'style' which, apparently is 'soft and watery'


The group I joined is holding an art exhibition in May, I am entering my poppy watercolour.  Everyone there is so friendly - this week I asked them about their experiences as evacuees during WW2 and there was no stopping them! they had some fabulous childhood tales to tell.

The  Spring Bouquet Swap I hosted has completed.  If you look back at previous posts and click on the partners you will be able to visit them all.  Here's a glimpse of all the lovely crafts everyone sent each other:



Spring has sprung and  there are plenty of primrose, celandine and wood anenome coming out in the woods, I  was given brown eggs fresh from the hens, and walked dogs.




My garden is coming to life - the fossil was amongst some stones I brought back from Brighton beach last year to put in my pots - I hadn't noticed it before!  Horseshoe is always there on the wall - I carried it on my wedding day entwined with yellow roses and ribbons - a family tradition.



New acquisitions:  The earings were a gift from Rachel in Tennessee, who I met through Grow Your Blog,  she makes these herself and sent them beautifully packaged in her Blue Finch logo.  Thankyou so very much  Rachel....The pumps and cotton top are my new Season purchases... I love leafy prints so this top was a real find for me (Monsoon)! .....I also received Angel in the Garden Catherines  giveway of  Good Magazine all the way from  New Zealand, a bit like UK Country Living, it's a lovely read, thankyou very much Catherine.





Isn't this a fun pressie? babysitting next doors cats is very easy but I do love devon fudge so was very pleased.





Next post at the end of May when I might have some progress on my new hobby - knitting...




I am learning the basics and was very lucky to win 350g of assorted pink mohair on Ebay - when it arrived it was a much larger amount than expected - infact a huge amount - and a note inside said 'found some more, have it free of charge'! lucky me.



   Thanks for stopping by - I will make sure to have cake here next time.  I will be visiting your blogs as often as possible.  Betty x

30 comments:

  1. Everything looks so fresh and pretty!
    Have fun in May! I'll look forward to seeing the next post ...and cake, Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Alex, hope May brings something interesting to blog about - I don't have much going on!

      Delete
  2. Lots of wonderful things in your post and it is great to see your watercolours. Enjoy the show and I look forward to catching up with you in May.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Carolyn, I will be at work on the day of the art exhibition - couldn't get time off - but hopefully everyone at the group will tell me all about it.

      Delete
  3. Lovely to see you posting. i do like your watercolours. How nice that you have found a friendly group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky to find this group with two artists that come round and help us individually for such a small fee. Learning lots.

      Delete
  4. Love your paintings Betty and so glad the classes are fun. Our garden too is coming back to life, a bit late but nevermind. Good luck with the knitting. We are no good at all at things like that. Have a marvelous Monday.
    best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving your Dogton Abbey return, Molly.

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed the spring swap thanks you so much for organising it, there were some truly lovely makes xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed swapping too - it was fun, thanks for joining in.

      Delete
  6. Your artwork is so colourful and the art class is obviously doing you a power of good. The new top,shoes and earrings look great together and I love the way you've formatted your pics. Might try that myself!'See' you in May!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Picmonkey for the formatting, it does it all for you. Give it a try.

      Delete
  7. Hi Betty - I have missed your posts. I love your watercolours you are doing & so pleased you are enjoying the new group. Your new leaf print top looks gorgeous as do the earings - lucky you :-) I too love devon fudge so what a very kind gift for doing something you enjoy. Yes the Good Magazines are a very good read, full of all sorts of topics. Have a great week Betty, Hugs, Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. I was very lucky with giveaways this month.

      Delete
  8. Hi there.....lovely watercolor......I have worked in this medium and I can honestly say it is challenging at times. It is so "springy" here.....I love stopping by.

    xo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, I do find the wetting the paper and stretching a bit of a nuisance but am learning to prepare my paper ahead. Paper is so expensive but I found a website that sell 'practice paper' that I might try out.

      Delete
  9. I am so glad you liked the earrings! Thanks for the lovely blog shout out too! Love you watercolor!
    XO
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't picture the other earings, with the dark blue stones as I was wearing them at the time! Thankyou so much Rachel.

      Delete
  10. So glad you are having fun with watercolours...they are beautiful.

    Love your pretty pumps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Nancy - there is more scope than with the silk painting so I thinkk I will persevere.

      Delete
  11. You were the lucky girl indeed with all that lovely pink mohair yarn! Drool, er sorry! :D
    Hugs,
    Beth P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lucky indeed, it is the softest finest wool. Hope I can make something worthy.

      Delete
  12. Yay for your knitting!
    I always love your watercolors.
    Take care, good Betty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pompom - knitting is very good for nail biters I have found! and quite a relaxing thing to be doing in front of the telly.

      Delete
  13. enjoy your blog so much, your style of watercolors are beautiful, i love the watery dreamy style, did you paint the header poppy? I love the top shoes and earring! What a beautiful look for spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Laurie - I consider that quite a compliment as I admire your work - the header poppy was the result of my first lesson at the new group.

      Delete
  14. My cat, Fat Freddy is utterly bewildered and enchanted by your birdy soundtrack. Especially 10 o clock at night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it lovely, I found it on Youtube - Ambercat likes it but she isn't fooled any more.

      Delete
  15. Such happiness in your post.
    Like you i love this time of the year, It brings warmth into my heart especially when the sun is out bringing all those hibernating plants into life. Thank you for your kind comment on my last post....xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's been a happy, positive month but there is of course real world going on to, I just try to find the bright side of life. A little bit of sunshine really does lift our spirits, I think we should hibernate - think how much money we would save on heating and food and we would all wake up slim and rested!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.