Friday, 8 February 2013

Hello, I have just finished a bit of a Spring clean round the house and thought I would do a quick blog post before I get my paints out.  Last week I did lots of little silk paintings, one or two might become lavender bags when I am in a sewing mood. 



A nice bit of blossom.




 tulips

I am probably feeling inspired by the prospect of the Spring Bouquet Swap some of us will be doing as I have been feeling very painty and even got my trusty sewing machine out in the week, rummaged through my stash of bits and bobs of lace, silk painted bits and craft books - hope you are all getting inspired too .... I will post partners on Sunday.



Grape hyacinth and tulip - but oops one of the hyacinth ended up green! mistakes do happen. Never mind - it's not a competition I tell myself - just having a nice time with colour. 

I am looking forward to Sunday as it will be my first day back dog walking since the cracked shoulder incident back before Christmas - I didn't think my arm would be strong enough for dog walks until now.  My friends at the dogs home have a dear little doggie for me to walk  - here's a picture of her.



 Here's another little dog I have enjoyed walking with

It's very difficult to resist bringing him home but I think he will soon have a lovely new family - who could resist?


I have found painting nasturtiums challenging for a long time and usually get cross and screw my efforts up in a ball!  nasturtiums always get the better of me on silk, so I had a go with watercolours on paper for a change.  Still not got it, but here's the progress so far.


We have a chance of snow this weekend - keep warm and cosy wherever you are.  Back soon. Betty x
P.s. just a quick thankyou as Grow Your Blog has been really fun - I still have loads of bloggers to visit, have found some beautiful, creative people on the journey and acquired 25 new followers - welcome!

14 comments:

  1. Betty, so glad your shoulder is better and that you are not only painting your pretties, but also dog walking again. Great!

    Our little dog Libby had a ALC surgery yesterday as she "blew out her knee" while jumping. She comes home today, and we have to actually help with her rehab by doing range of motions exercises like you probably did!

    The sachets will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your little dog is home safe, there was a dog at the kennels recently who had a leg amputated and when she woke up she immediately got busy trying to walk - animals are amazing.

      Delete
  2. Pawsome paintings Betty. We love the tulips. Great news that your blog is growing, Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your lovely blog, really like all those beautiful quotes down the side

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Betty - just love those flower paintings & can see them as delicate little lavender bags - love them all :-)
    And Oh those dogs ... look at those little faces, I can imagine how you love your dog walking job. Take it easy my friend, Happy painting. Congratulations on your Grow your blog success ... I think I missed the boat on that one but wouldve been keen to join in had I taken note at the time. Julie Xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie if you click on the Grow Your Blog link on my blog here, you will go to the hostess and her list of participants, you can still visit them all and then some may visit you too if you leave comments - there are so many I still have many to see yet.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous pink- not a colour much in evidence in this house, but I am loving glimpses of it as Winter slowly fades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I introduced pink hand towels recently - it was well outside the comfort zone of the men here but they got used to it - pink toilet paper next perhaps!

      Delete
  6. Hi, Betty! your watercolor works are very tender, you chose very calming colors, they will look great on the wall as a room decor :)
    Wishing you get well soon and get full strength in your arm.
    Have a nice weekend!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Anna - I don't often put any painting on my walls, maybe I should!

      Delete
  7. You've been a busy little bee! Love all the new silks and the nasturtiums look fine and dandy to me. Be careful on your dog walks with that shoulder!Dogs are always in a hurry!lolThe little blonde dog looks like he was knitted! Have a great weekend. x
    ps why is your Folksy Shop linkj hiding at the bottom of your page?Advertise,advertise,advertise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Folksy shop was feeling shy, it just slid up a bit higher. Knitted is a very good description for this breed - I walked a white knitted version yesterday!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.