Friday, 20 July 2012

Honeysuckle

Very exciting for our family today: my youngest boy got to hold an Olympic torch today - the torch came through Redhill to his school where they stopped to rest, the torch was there for about 30 mins and everyone got to see - a wonderful experience for them all.  Oldest boy joined the crowds and got a good view on the street as it went past.

Experimenting with my watercolours today I tried some woodbine/honeysuckle





Then on silk:  I did two, think I like darker one the best.  This is a present for someone.


I am off work this weekend and have a day out planned tomorrow - will tell you all about it.
.


Have a lovely weekend everyone. X

6 comments:

  1. Betty, you do choose the most beautiful flowers, honeysuckle is another favourite of mine. We have some growing along our white picket fence and it smells heavenly.

    Hope work goes well and your friend loves their present.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I love the colors you are using!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honeysuckle, the smell, the memories of my grandad's garden..happy days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a grand experience for you sons : )
    I do love your honeysuckle...quite, quite perfect & very sniffable. x0x0x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty pretty! Don't forget to email me your snail mail address, pls.

    The recipient of your gorgeous work is a lucky person!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for the boys getting to participate. Love the colours you're using for the honeysuckle painting. Glad you're off for the weekend.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.