Tuesday, 12 June 2012

First Foxgloves are here

A rainy week here - so rainy Horley has been on the news because of flooding from the River Mole and rain is here to stay at least into next week.



I painted this corner of the woods on silk last week when I saw the first foxgloves, I think they are a little late flowering.  They are in really dense undergrowth so I almost missed them.

I am going to be away from blogging for the rest of June but will be back at the end of the month with a small giveaway.  In the meantime, I'm off to revise for my final British sign language exam which is only 3 weeks away and to do some very overdue decorating and DIY.  Bye for now.


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful foxgloves - ours are almost over now but they have seeded themselves nicely so that's OK! Very best of luck for your revision and your exam, and with the DIY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I'll miss you so much! Maybe you'll come back a bit sooner, I hope!
    I wish you great brilliance for your exam. Can't wait to see the DIY project photos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good luck with your exam!...we'll miss you! These breaks are necessary sometimes and probably a good thing.
    Looking forward to catching up with you before too long.
    xxx H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee hee, just re -read my commment, you do understand that I meant the breaks are a good thing from the BLOGGER'S own point of view!? From your readers'angle we have an endless capacity for the adventures of Ms B. Wood-Fairy!
    Just so you know...:)
    xxH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful foxgloves Betty,good luck with the exam :) hope it all goes well,lots of love,juliexxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the exam! There's always a benefit somewhere to too much rain, and foxgloves is a very good one~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so beautiful. I could never paint or draw pictures and totally admire those who can.

    Enjoy the rest of June.
    CJ x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to say thankyou to everyone for your lovely comments, it's really appreciated that you stop by and that you are so encouraging with the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I have spied foxgloves in our forest and hope to take some photos very soon for my blog. Have a lovely day! xo k

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.