Tuesday, 21 June 2011

Solstice Thoughts

I treated myself to a second hand book, Hans Christian Andersens fairy tales spurred on by this quote:
 'Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again, C.S. Lewis' - I put it on my blog as I like it so much.  My book has been marked with a highlighter - by someone who takes fairytales seriously?  It will be interesting to see what they thought as I rediscover some of my favourite stories.

As a special treat for the family I have ordered a print of a picture of Father Christmas we admired for such a long time from Rima, who paints on wood but also sells prints of her work on Etsy - her beautiful work is deserving of fairytales yet to be written.  You can see her work on her blog here http://intothehermitage.blogspot.com/2011/06/wide-skies.html and on etsy by taking the link on the left side of her blog.


Today is the longest day of the year, Summer solstice, a good time to spend time with nature - so before work I thought it was important to spend some time on my allotment - where else! 


I took a packed lunch to work of salad from the things I have been growing.  Shame I couldn't eat it all in situ! but I am working today.


Did you know you can eat beetroot leaves? the young ones are delicious and taste of ... beetroot!


My silk arrived so I may go quiet for the rest of othe week while I get engrossed in painting.
Bettyx



3 comments:

  1. Solstice Blessings to you and Yours also.

    )0(

    ReplyDelete
  2. it has been a very grey day but as the longest evening begins the sun has come out, have fun painting your silk!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen Rima's work. Her blog is fascinating! I may have to read from The Red Fairy Book tonight! Thank you for reminding me. It's dark now but I was quite delighted with the solstice today. I watched the birds at the feeder, drinking tea and smiling!
    It's always fun to read your posts, Betty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.