Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Roses

I have had a lovely time painting out in the garden - I haven't done this before.  The ink dries more quickly and behaves differently in the sun, so this is not a masterpiece, more an experiment - I tried using sugar instead of salt and got a much softer result and also a silver highlighter which I mixed with the ink this time.



it was much more enjoyable being out of doors, I could see the colours more clearly and was able to copy the roses in the garden from where I sat. 









It has been all about roses for me today. I am getting through notebooks fast and had some left over pretty tissue from a recently wrapped swap. I had a go at paper mache and covered my little £1 booklet, I think it's quite pretty.

 

After lunch in the garden the prospect of cleaning windows doesn't seem half so bad.


Bettyx

4 comments:

  1. Amazing! I find your talents awe inspiring Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some more lovely paintings and what fun to be able to work outdoors, it has been so windy here this week I don't think anything would have stayed anchored down long enough to do anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lunch in the garden? Sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting this small corner of the world.