Friday, 20 May 2011

Brighton

Today Mr Yappy had business in Brighton and offered me a lift ... what a wonderful day out I had.  This time I decided to go round all the back streets so I could see my favourite town with 'new eyes'.

Gunn's Flower Shop
Unitarian Church
`I visited the Unitarian Church - think some Christians might not regard it as such - Unitarians see God in nature and focus on our planet and natural world in their worship, they don't focus on the Trinity.  They are aligned to the beliefs my parents brought us up on, so for me it was a nice feeling to visit somewhere that felt so familiar and especially to find it by chance in a place I thought I knew well.



  I had a lovely hour in the sun on the Pier - the deckchairs up here are free....



 There is a huge amount of random art in Brighton - not surprising as there are so many art students here!  I like these roll down shutters a lot and often stop to admire them...


There was a little flurry of shopping at the end and then a lift home.  A lovely day out.... by the way - did I tell you I am learning sign language? well I am on an 8 week course and if that works ok I am signing up for an evening class in British Sign Language which runs over 2 years..... so far it is massive fun and I wish I could learn it faster!

5 comments:

  1. WHAT A FAB DAY, YOU STRUCK LUCKY WITH THAT BIT OF HITCH HICKING! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day out - wish I could`ve come with you!Thanks so much for the award too - which I suddenly remembered about last night! I`m on the case! The Unitarian Church sounds interesting - thanks for telling us about it. Loving your little `Joy Bird` on your sidebar. Have a great weekend, Betty. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely day out and well done for learning sign language, I am very impressed!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to Brighton but heard wonderful things about it - thank you for sharing your photos! I hope to visit myself one day x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always manage to make simple things so interesting. Never been to Brighton but looks great. Happy signing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.