Saturday, 30 April 2011

A fun evening

Last night I had a lovely evening at an auction of gifts and promises held at our church to raise funds for our teenagers youth group - they are going to Spain this Summer and running a beach mission to bring the gospel to young people.  It was fun watching grown men bidding for a cup cake party and women going mad for the promise of an hour of ironing!


I successfully bid for a maths lesson for oldest boy from our local school teacher, and one of my silk paintings raised £25 so it was a fun evening for a good cause. I will leave you with pictures of the painting - a very long scarf of butterflies....





It was painted in two halfs as too long for my frame


Something I read over on Mess, Muddle and Fun blog gave me a reminder that our talents are gifts from God - it isn't us who create beautiful things, but God through us - so I hope I never come across as smug, I enjoy sharing my paintings but realise that creating them is a blessing.


Have a good week everyone!

10 comments:

  1. WOW! Betty - that is a BEAUTIFUL scarf - you are indeed truly blessed with such talent and you`re NEVER smug about them - I`m totally jealous because I can`t even draw a tree!Hope the Youth Group raised loads and loads for their beach mission. Have a good MayDay.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure whoever bought your scarf thinks it is worth every penny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I can see why your gorgeous painted silk scarf raised so much money! What a smart idea to donate iron time. I could do that! Cupcake parties sound fun, too. Good people are very smart and sweet, aren't they? Sending love to you, Betty. You encourage my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful scarf, and when you put your talents to such good use it is easy to see why God has blessed you so richly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thankyou for your comments - I have been at work today and it is so lovely to be home - I just hoovered and dusted like mad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love looking at your art work, am full of admiration as I couldn't do that. How much did they raise over all?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mrs W they raised £1,680, the scarf went for £25 and my son went for £55 for a day of labour (someone moving house will get him to lift and carry), the cup cake party went for £55 I think and there were lots of other things too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the fundraising sounds like it went really well x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The scarf is gorgeous! Well worth every penny that it sold for! Glad the fundraising went well! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.