The dream:
The reality!
![]() |
| BEFORE |
Due to the current drought and potential hosepipe ban it will take some time to get this lovely allotment plot to full potential. So far I have dug out a 1/4 of the plot and put woodchip paths around ... spot the difference...
AFTER
Wilko had a 70% off sale of all vegetable and flower seeds so I have spent £5 on enough seeds for next year. Our allotment association has a box to put/share unwanted seeds so I will be able to share what I don't need.
Its so much fun to be working with nature and I haven't even planted anything yet!
Thanks for stopping by :)




a great place to plan and regenerate.
ReplyDeleteYou have already made great progress. I would bet that the "Reality" picture will look a lot different next year.
ReplyDeleteHere in the UK we need rain, my grand-daughter even offered to do a rain dance, bless her.
ReplyDeleteMany areas in the UK now have hosepipe bans ... it does not make gardening easy.
Having said all that - enjoy your allotment.
All the best Jan
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/
Well done! And good to have a plan.
ReplyDeleteOne tip..try not to have bare earth, especially in this dry weather.
Keep the moisture in, keep the weed seeds out!
I am sure your fellow allotmenteers can help with knowledge....and the gardening programme Beechgrove is a good watch
Hello Betty, so lovely to have a peek at your new allotment. Great start with the paths & I'm loving the pretty plan you've drawn up - especially the happy pumpkin patch :) I greatly look forward to seeing it grow. Lulu xXx
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
ReplyDeleteYour plan, with the lemon tree in the middle, looks lovely. I like the 'before' and 'after' pictures. I'm sure you'll make the best out of your allotment.
Takes years for an allotment to evolve and a lot of hard work. I'd say you're doing really well so far. Well done on the bargain seeds.
ReplyDeleteYou have done a lot of work. That is a great deal on seeds for next year. Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteWe need rain here in the Netherlands as well. It's alarming. Your plan looks great! And I hope the reality will too!
ReplyDeleteIts good to have the "before" photos Betty ... as it lets you see your progress & they're always good to look back on when you feel you are not achieving much. Try to remember to take progress photos along the way. It will be wonderful - trust in yourself. xx
ReplyDeleteLike that idea of having a box to share unwanted seeds. Helps in many ways.
ReplyDelete