Tuesday, 12 July 2022

Somewhere to grow stuff!

Just popping in to Blogland to share my good news!  after over 2 years wait, I now have an allotment!


It's got a little apple tree, some grassy things (below), some raised beds...... and lots of weeds!

It needs work but it will be fun.   I have been to make some friends and found two unwanted chairs to start things off....One day it might look as nice as my garden...



The garden is wilting a bit as we are having a UK heatwave and it's going to get hotter.   We are eating outside a lot and I am working in the conservatory with newspaper stuck to the windows to make it shady!  

any news or gossip is welcome... leave a comment if you have a moment to spare.




18 comments:

  1. Allotments are hard work but such fun and so rewarding, hope yours has a water supply of some sort - that makes life easier
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting for you! There will be plenty of work to be done I guess, but next year you will have wonderful crops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is gorgeous and I'm sure you'll have that allotment looking just as good in no time! The weeding will be the tough part but then the fun will begin. The chairs are a brilliant idea! No news here if you've been reading my blog -- I'm much better and have a temporary tooth so on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Most weeds are just potential compost!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You're so lucky to have an allotment already. My name is going to be on our list for at least the next 6 years at which point, I'll be far too old and decrepit to work it!! Looks like a really nice space for getting away from it all, Betty. Wish I could come and help you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 'grassy thing' is a Stipa Gigantea (Golden oat) and is a lovely plant to have. OK, you can't eat it, but it gives a real presence!
    Good luck with the exciting times ahead for your allotment - I hope you will post about your journey.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am too hot to make intelligent comments, but I am glad you have an allotment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you are going to be so happy with this little piece of ground. I am looking forward to following along with you as you dig and plant. Your garden is beautiful. I love nasturtiums but with the heat wave and drought going on here, I finally had to give up on them. I will give them more shade next time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Forgot to mention that I got a book from the library which might interest you. It's by the lovely man who gives allotment advice on the Jeremy Vine show and sometimes on the telly. It's called 'The Allotment Almanac' by Terry Walton. It's really well-written and gives you month-to-month tips and advice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're having way-too-hot days here in Oregon too. I sold my home with its massive garden. Miss its beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your yard is amazing and the garden is lovely. I don't see an wilting. LOL Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your garden looks great …enjoy summer love Ria 🍀🍀🍀

    ReplyDelete
  13. When you mention the word allotment, I thought you were talking about pension. But it does look a fun project. I like the cool things that you can grow. I hope you share photo as you go.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, so nice to get an allotment. I am sure a lot of beauty will soon unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A garden and an allotment, you are going to be busy.
    Enjoy ...

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cool. I love this garden. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoy your allotment.
    Happy August Wishes.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh congratulations on this long awaited achievement dear Betty :) I am absolutely sure that with time your allotment will look like your own gorgeous garden. I loved it. Few flowers are familiar

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting this small corner of the world.