As mentioned before, I like buying preloved clothes, you get something you might not consider within your budget if it were offered at retail price, the pleasure of knowing you are doing your bit for recycling and the knowledge you are less likely to bump into someone cloned in the same outfit.
I won an auction bid for this super featherlight pure silk kaftan, it was brand new with tags and had originally retailed at five times the winning bid, so an extravagant item at a wonderful price.
I am always on the look out for Anokhi hand block printed items and probably have too many things in their lovely trademark navy patterns (but I can always sell them) ... so was pleased to win an auction bid on this midi dress in cool Indian cotton, in the traditional hand blocked print.
You can guess I am planning our next holiday, Jamaica... with the uncertainty caused by Corona virus it is impossible to know what lies ahead, but we booked this months ago and will have to wait and see how it all turns out, whether we will be fit to fly, whether Jamaica will be fit to welcome us and whether the airline will be flying there at all in 2 months from now; things are changing quickly and constantly. Would it be safer not to travel? Who knows
We are making sure we hand wash frequently with soap. The shop shelves here are barren of ibuprofen and hand gel... panic buying is not sensible. I hope you are safe, whats happening in your part of the world?
We are making sure we hand wash frequently with soap. The shop shelves here are barren of ibuprofen and hand gel... panic buying is not sensible. I hope you are safe, whats happening in your part of the world?


Love the navy dress, so pretty. You do find some amazing bargains! So many people are wonderinf about holidays that are already planned and paid for, it is a huge worry.
ReplyDeleteHi Betty! Oh, such lovely finds! You always look so chic when you travel. I hope you go and worry not about the virus. I think things will calm down.
ReplyDeleteSome lovely new purchases Betty. I saw a good recipe on a ladies blog for some homemade sanitising hand gel as she was unable to buy any either. It has vodka in it.
ReplyDeleteNice buys! It's so satisfying to get a bargain.
ReplyDeleteWe're off to France in May and I just hope that those plans aren't derailed. We haven't seen any evidence of panic buying locally, thank goodness, and we plan to just be sensible and hope for the best.
Fingers crossed both our travel plans go ahead.
xx
Great finds and I love the navy dress. Not sure what to advise re travel. At least if you cancelled now, you'd get your money back and maybe book for when the panic is over? The hand sanitiser recipe using vodka is cautionary since the alcohol would need to be 100% pure. Have a good week, pal. x
ReplyDeleteLoving the indigo Anokhi dress and the floaty kaftan - perfect holiday dressing!
ReplyDeleteJamaica, how exciting? My brother had booked a getaway to Luxembourg with Flybe - arghhh! Luckily he booked on credit card and has been able to rebook with another airline.
We're looking for our annual September escape but due to the ever decreasing lack of competition the airfares to Greece are almost as much as flying to India!
This panic buying makes my blood boil, people are so selfish. xxx
Hope things are better so you can enjoy travelling.
ReplyDeleteoh i absolutely loved these dresses dear Betty
ReplyDeleteyour chic is lovely always indeed
i hardly knew about Jamaica except once had read it's name in poem ,reading this i googled it and it is in Africa and beautiful country ,i am sure you will be having safe travels and stay there my friend!
wishing you more love peace and happiness in days ahead !
Oh how beautiful they are!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteEverything is "topsy-turvy" now. I do hope you are able to travel, when you planned.
Yes, let's do the common sense things... And not panic.
Stay wise.
Stay calm.
Stay safe.
Courage!
🍃🌱🌷🌱🍃