Thursday, 7 November 2019

Packing for India

..


New Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Varanassi, Kerala, Dubai....


East via  EBay skirt/tops
3 weeks, six destinations - what to wear!  we will be exploring off the beaten track at times, although we have booked nice hotels and the Golden Triangle Excursion which provides a driver to the main attractions - so travelling in comfort to the Taj Mahal for example.  We are stopping in Dubai for a couple of nights on the way home to celebrate hubbys 60th birthday ... so I included some long sleeved tops for modesty as we want to explore along The Creek/markets - we haven't been there or about 18 years so expect some big changes.  I have packed for sightseeing, exploring and relaxing at the beach but lightweight as possible (for me - a backpacker would laught their head off!)  My stuff weighs 12kg which is fine as our allowance on internal flights is 15kg.


East silk kaftan sale, crop jeans (old favourites) East via Ebay cotton top and block print shirt
I think everything here can be swapped around.  Not sure white crops are going to survive the dust and dirt of New Delhi, but we shall see... there has been a problem with Smog due to crop burning in the region, although it has improved slightly since Diwali fireworks ended.  We have some dust masks with us just in case - and thanks to Vix for the heads up about traffic fumes when on tuk-tuks!


Brighton market cullottes, Indian Summer skirt (birthday treat), East tops via EBay
Update t shirts and beach wear




I am also taking Calypso once a day sun cream, paraben free shampoo/conditioner and Superdrug moisturiser, my tablet (with library book downloads to keep me occupied in-flight), selfie stick/camera. *will try uploading pics  again later.

Hubby does his packing last minute, but I can tell you, he is King of capsule wardrobes!

We're on our way next week so please forgive me if I don't comment on your blog posts for several weeks,  will take lots of pics and do some posts on our return. 



12 comments:

  1. How fun Betty! Enjoy your trip!! I don't know how to pack for a trip, I'm the classic over-packer!! :) Blogger was giving me photo uploading issues the past week, but it seems to be resolved now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not wait to travel vicariously through you! Please take lots of pictures!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty I hope you have a wonderful time, and I look forward to seeing photos later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for the pair of you. It'll be quiet without you!!Happy Trails. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy. A friend said to watch out for the children as they rush at you and will pick pockets and take loose things. She used to live there for years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many lovely prints here! I especially like the Indian summer skirt, and I'm glad to see your gorgeous patchwork skirt is going with you too.
    Have a lovely time!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am excited for you dear Betty and happy with my heart filled with prays :)
    have safe travels my friend
    india is beautiful huge country and i am sure you will enjoy your times there
    i loved your selection of dresses ,your hubby does just like all men do ,don't give much care to packing at least not as much as women do :)
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Advance Happy birthday dear Betty
    i hope you will enjoy your celebration in Dubai :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning array of clothes. The Indian skirt you treated yourself to is gorgeous.
    I never wear white in India as it tends to get filthy but as you'll be staying in hotels I'm sure they'll be a dhobi wallah who can soon get them pristine and dazzling!
    Have the most wonderful time! xxx
    PS According to a couple of locals the smog is expected to have lifted by 15th November - phew!

    ReplyDelete
  10. woweee what an exciting trip to look forward to, so would love to go there one time in my future...such an amazingly colourful, vibrant and interesting place to explore ...i remember Monty Dom going around some beautiful gardens and an elephant was there! always remember thinking everything looks beautiful! and your clothes are really lovely!!!! do share holiday snaps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun! I love your clothes! I hope the time away is exciting and special. Happy birthday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated birthday wishes to your husband.
    You look organised for packing.
    I'm sure you had a great time away.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting this small corner of the world.