This is my spot for sitting quietly. I can hear the birds singing and read a book. It's also good light for painting, which I do at a table near the doorway.
The fence on the right is new, my neighbours, and caused a thick ivy hedge to be removed, which I liked, a robin nested in it a couple of years back and it provided a home for moths. I am wondering what to plant that isnt quiet so invasive so the neighbour wont object, there is no soil on the conservatory end for about 14 feet so needs to be potted. I would like a climber with flowers, evergreen. Any ideas? I have some grow bags and peas to plant to give some interest while I decide.
I have been sketching and painting in my corner: herb robert, thistle, clover, buttercups and dandelions using watercolour. I have a nice new pencil with refillable leads and a little eraser on top, which gets a fine outline and stays sharp so have made up a little portable kit to sketch when inspiration strikes: pencil, watercolour pencils and sketch pad... just need something to put it all in!
Do you have a quiet spot you like to spend magic moments in? John at Going Gently has done a lovely blog inviting followers to send in their quiet spots and has published them on recent posts, take a look here: disasterfilm.blogspot/2019/04/final-contributors (sorry I cant do links from my tablet).



Very large pot...Clematis Armandii, evergreen, white or pink flowers, or evergreen Honeysuckle, prolific grower like the Clematis.
ReplyDeleteSo envious of your artistry skills! Those new paintings are beautiful. Thank you for leaving your lovely comments at mine. I know at least one person is interested in my ramblings!xx
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely spot! Your sketches are beautiful! x
ReplyDeleteHoneysuckle would be nice, it would smell delicious!
ReplyDeleteYour quiet spot looks lovely. I have what is supposed to be a quiet spot in my office but it also acts as a bit of a dumping ground and I can't even get to it at the moment! I also have a chair and a little coffee table in my greenhouse that gets a lot of use.
xx