Blogger Vintage Vix had a blogger Sunshine Award and invited her followers to join in, it looked like fun, you answer some questions and 'pass it on': Her questions were as follows:
1. Five well-known women (alive or dead) you'd invite over for dinner (or just meet in the pub).
Jack Monroe (chef/cookery writer) to teach us all to make a delicious dinner on a budget
Shappi Khorsandi Comediene, to keep us laughing (try and get her biography, it's worth a read)
Katie Piper to chat chat about her amazing work setting up the Katie Piper Foundation to help burns victims, she has so much vitality, you just don't see her own disfigurement as her inner beauty shines out. She is a truly beautiful woman.
https://katiepiperfoundation.org.uk/
Dervla Murphy, lady who rode a bicycle around India solo, relying on local hospitality for food/board. She has travelled alone to many countries and written books about her adventures, hopefully she'd bring along some good old fashioned film projector reels of her trips for us to watch.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dervla_Murphy
Finally, Egyptian Queen Cleopatra (who was a not an Egyptian herself, but a Macedonion Greek): She was a philosopher, alchemist, made her own cosmetics. It seems the Egyptians invented cosmetics (khol) so I think she could teach me a thing or two about how to look my best; we could chat too about her visitors from outer space.
| Source: Commons Wikipedia |
2. The woman you would most like to swap places with for the day:
our Queen, Elizabeth 2nd, I would like to wear a crown for one day
and be able to hold a royal tea party, the guests would, of course, be everyone in Blogland.
our Queen, Elizabeth 2nd, I would like to wear a crown for one day
and be able to hold a royal tea party, the guests would, of course, be everyone in Blogland.
3. Which female actor would you pick to play you in a film about your life?
Marilyn Monroe: She could give unforgettable mystery and glamour to my character.
4. Is there a particular woman who influenced your style or inspired you
somehow, and who is she?
Barbara Hulanicki, founder of Biba: She made fashion affordable and accessible and individual. I spent many happy days shopping in Kensington Biba in my late teens ( during the 1970s). I don't think we had much fashion until Biba exploded onto the scene. It was so new and trendy to be able to buy make up, fashion jewellery and clothing in one place and to be encouraged to wear it in your own individual way (with the approval of the glamorous, very grown up and sophisticated sales girls!) it was cool to just 'be there' and you would hang around for ages to grab one of those velvet chairs in the window so you could be 'seen' and to leave with your iconic Biba carrier bag.
5. Whose wardrobe would you most like to steal?
![]() |
| source: https://wonderfultime.com/blog/2017/06/intimate-encounter-coco-chanel-lifetime-chanel-paris/ |
Coco chanel, she made black and white look sophisticated and feminine
and had such elegance and style: red lipstick, Channel No. 5 perfume, perfection.
'The best things in life are free,
the second best things in life are very, very expensive'
Coco Chanel
Want to join in? my questions remain the same: you can leave your answers here if you don't have a blog, or post your own.
Images take via Google
where no copyright staement found; but if there is anything in this post which does have copyright, please notify me and it will immediately be removed.






I remember buying Biba clothes for my teenage daughter!
ReplyDeleteAgree wholeheartedly re Chanel.
just imagine we may have rubbed shoulders! I liked using the lift (a lot) so I could keep making an entrance, hopeful models hung out there and it was such an 'in' place to see and be seen.
DeleteGreat answers! Especially love Coco Chanel as I am in complete agreement on that on! Perfection all the way! Annster's Domain
ReplyDeleteyes, the epitome of elegance
DeleteI loved your answers! Fantastic idea inviting the wonderful Jack Monroe to share some of her tips, her recipes are always delicious.
ReplyDeleteI nearly went for Cleopatra and I could kick myself for forgetting Dervla Murphy especially after we travelled to Coorg a few years ago just because I'd loved On a Shoestring to Coorg! xxx
oooh, there's a travel post in the pipeline there for you - it's never too late - I love reading your travels.
Deletehttps://vintagevixon.blogspot.com/2015/02/on-shoestring-to-coorg-adventures-in.html
Deleteterrific post dear Betty and such wonderful replies !
ReplyDeletei found questions very interesting either
just for fun, you should visit Vix at her blog highlighted above as I think you would enjoy her travels and vintage clothing finds
DeleteInteresting. Now you've got me thinking!
ReplyDeletexx
have a go for fun :)
DeleteI really enjoyed your post, such a fab idea x
ReplyDeleteInteresting to read, and many thanks for sharing your answers here …
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
I would go for Jack Munroe and supply a bottle of red wine.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Julia
I would seriously like to 'borrow' Stevie Nick's wardrobe, but, alas... I am not blonde, curvy yes, but in the wrong places so her lovely clothes would look a tad strange on me. A certain someone's silk scarves are appealing too......
ReplyDeletei love this idea! ...I always found it hard when I was growing up in my teens affordable, trendy clothing...I remember being about 10 years old and my mum and nan took me to Camden Market in London...Oh my days the colours, patterns, styles...it was a wonderful eye opener into all sorts of fashion out there. Not just a t'shirt in red, pink or green like Topshop and C&A were at the time...Gosh wouldnt it just be wonderful to try someone else's life out for just one day!~ I'm not sure who's i'd more want to try. I always loved Vivienne westwood and Zandra rhodes~ Zandra came to our uni in london for a talk and I was mesmerised by the colours and outfit!!!!. I think I liked them because they were so 'exciting' in colour, cut and pattern. I remember at one of my prom nights literally cutting fabrics and lace and tying them together to form an outfit and on another occasion a boyfriend at the time brought me a 1960's colourful mini dress in Camden ~ I wish I had that figure now to pull off more retro looks. Vix looks fab in her styles!!!! and what na exciting home too ;) thanks for sharing x
ReplyDelete