Monday, 18 September 2017

Colour

Hello, did you stop in for a quick peek? I'm just having a cup of tea and stopped for a chat.  Do you get days when all you can think about is a particular colour? you want to wear it, eat it, do your home decor in it and then paint it?  well today's one of those days and for me it was orange....
There's a lot of orange around here, Amber the cat... who has just finished a spectacular moult and has a nice new coat, all white and stripey underneath and very much like a pumpkin up top.


I do love pumpkins, not just for halloween, they make such pretty decorations for Autumn. 


Flowers in my garden tubs, smiley faced pansies


and one of my favourites, nasturtium, which has climbed through bushes, over fences and along borders.


The creeper is turning red now, a sure sign Summer is over.


Just a few minutes to spare with my paintbox.  There is so much orange and brown around the woods and garden...




I am very rusty so a bit of doodling was fun today, I didn't get it finished but maybe will finish it another time.  There are a lot of conkers out in the woods, I have collected quite a few to deter spiders around the house.


I visited charity shops this morning and found the perfect length of beads for a holiday kaftan that was waiting to be dressed up... the beads are new, about 2 feet long and can be worn as a belt or a necklace... £2.40.




and a little chiffon scarf, have been looking out for one for ages £3.00




nb: I am a bit careful with things that are pre-loved so both have been soaked in sterilising solution and then washed.

p.s. I was at the recycling centre today and as I drove up a workman came up and said 'what are you smiling so much about' .. I honestly didn't know I was, but told him  'it's a new day, a clear sky, the World is still turning,   - doesn't that make you feel like smiling?'


29 comments:

  1. Lovely finds but REALLY beautiful painting, Betty! Wow! You don't seem rusty to me. I hope you have a happy and beautiful week, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you PP what a lovely compliment, I can do better if I try harder though.

      Delete
  2. Orange makes me smile...my bedspread is orange and my placemats. I love a hit or orange year round. Your painting is beautiful. You say you are rusty? I don't see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I'm glad you like it. I think an orange bedspread would be perfect, make the room feel warm and snug.

      Delete
  3. its a good colour for now...just when we crave warmth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking of your roof! you certainly need some orange to warm things up!

      Delete
  4. Yup - smiling too :) for the same reasons as you, except my colour is blue - ah such deliciousness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. smiling does change the whole outlook, I can see you are a likeminded spirit.

      Delete
  5. Amber Cat is looking glorious in her new coat!
    I love your painting and that fab kaftan complete with beads.
    Orange is such a fab colour hence why we bought an orange campervan. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your campervan is just what I long for, bit of envy creeping in! I knew you would approve the kaftan, if you get any vintage ones like that dont forget me for first dibs!

      Delete
  6. Love to see your painting again! Yep, fall is around the corner here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Rose thanks for visiting, come back soon.

      Delete
  7. Love all your colourful photos Betty. That kaftan you are embellishing looks like gorgeous fabric. I think what you said to the workman was just about perfect!! Happy Day to you Betty Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie I think it's indian cotton, very light and easy to wear.

      Delete
  8. Lovely post dear Fairy!!!

    Your pet is cute and has orange shade in her hair.
    liked pumpkin so much and agree they are wonderfully used in decorations,
    your flowers are delightful ,very pretty colors indeed.
    you captured turning color of leaves brilliantly!

    beautiful paint box and charming art!

    when i get up in the morning i straight look up the sky and smile of gratitude appear on my face . then i thank God who blessed me with new beautiful day and ask for his mercy to keep continuing his blessings upon me ,my family and on this whole world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Baili I do the same - straight outside with a cup of tea each morning I do my thankfulness moment giving silent appreciation to whatever the day brings.

      Delete
  9. Think that workmans got his eye on you!!Lots of lovely colour here and I'm so glad you're painting again. Looks fab. Love that dress and the belt is just perfect for it.Well scored !!Great post Bettyxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. trust you! Knew you would like the dress too.

      Delete
  10. Nothing better than a ginger kitty. I enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think that 2 foot belt would fit around me. Necklace it is! :)
    The painting is beautiful! You inspire me to get out the paint boxes!
    I, too, carefully clean clothes from the thrift shop after my bad experience with bed bugs, lol.
    I need to work on getting people to notice that I'm smiling a lot. Hasn't happened yet. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bed bugs! that's a worry. I am glad you are feeling inspired, I admire your paintings.

      Delete
  12. Hello Anne thank you for stopping by, come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm putting this post on the nature journal list on my blog today. I hope that's okay, dear Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I clicked over from Pom Pom's blog. Your painting is just delightful. And I love your thrift finds, esp. the beads. Isn't it fun?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! Such beautiful painting. It doesn't look like you are a "rusty" painter to me. You inspire me to keep practicing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your painting!!! So glad PomPom organized a list of nature journalists to visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your nature painting is gorgeous! I totally agree about color and orange is so vibrant and cheerful. Your ginger kitty is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Orange is the perfect colour for this time of year.
    Your painting is lovely.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.