Tuesday, 18 March 2014

I had the silk paints out yesterday, it's been a long time and I was a bit rusty. I was using Mandy Southan's Flowers on Silk (from the library) and experimented with the Christmas rose tutorial - an exercise for painting in layers.   I didn't use the outline provided but copied as I wanted onto a small piece of silk 10 x 10 (cos I'm trying to make my silk last a long time!).



The colours were a challenge to replicate, the inks I have this time (Pebeo)  are a nice quality and colour mix well. Results are far from perfect but it was a good tutorial. I don't only blog about the paintings that come out well for me as ones like this are all part of learning and improving.


Lots of things I would like to improve. It was a lesson in layering so that visible outlines are avoided (petals) and much use of the hair dryer to stop spreading.
Next time though I think I will go for freestyle and something more colourful and paint for fun!
Have a good week everyone and thanks for stopping by.


P.s.thank you all for your very kind and positive comments. Lovely to  come home from a long shift to read them. X

7 comments:

  1. Lovely to see you painting on silk again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty we think it is very pretty. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betty! VERY pretty! I love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! Always good to learn new techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty - I think this so pretty. I love the petals that are light against the dark background. Hope you are having a great Month of March.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is exceptionally beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty colors and form, Betty! l still have your lovely Lily of the Valley silk painting....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.