Friday, 22 March 2013

Spring Swap

This week I swapped parcels with Elizabeth-d at Cornish Cream.... when she mentioned cross stitch might feature I did a little jump for joy - I can't sew like this and admire those who have the patience and nimble fingers to create neat works of art .... just look at the teeny stich detail...


This pretty little pouch is about 4 inches square, so you can imagine how small the decorative centre stitches must be - it has so much detail - I am going to use it to hold tissues in my handbag, it's the perfect size.  Along with this came an equally pretty keyring with matching cross stich inside...


Also basil, viola and sweet pea seeds - hope they grow so I can paint them!  All prettily packaged in tissue and ribbon .... I love my pressies, Elizabeth-d - THANKYOU!!! so much.


My parcel to Cornwall was two silk painted lavender drawer fresheners .... which you can see over on Elizabeth's post HERE  also to see the other swaps that have been taking place - take the links from the names on the original swap list and you will be able to explore their blogs and see what they swapped....HERE

Have a lovely weekend everyone. Betty x




13 comments:

  1. Hi Betty , I did see your post about swappin a few weeks ago and then forgot all about it .
    Perhaps you would include me in a future swap .
    I already do a postcard swap with people in Australia mostly . I would like a swapper in the UK .

    ReplyDelete
  2. You scored, Betty. Those tiny stitches and background fabric are so pretty in a perfect package. Congrats on your swap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what beautiful sewing, you must have been thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a real nice swap and so useful. Great stitching and so colorful. Thanks for the chirping birds sounds. We still have snow on the ground and are waiting for spring.
    Have a great weekend.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cross stitch is lovely Betty. Hope you are well now? Love the bird song in the background.
    Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. ElizabethD is such a talented needlewoman! what lovely gifts x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely your swap is and so very cleverly executed. That's one thing i am rubbish at, i find my eyes are not like they used to be. Have a lovely weekend ....xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is absolutely exquisite cross stitch Betty - how lucky you are & what a wonderful parcel to open in the mail!!! I shall pop over to Elizabeths blog now. Happy weekend Betty, Julie Xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely! I too am envious of anyone with such skills. I am not at all bad at basic embroidery but other than that my skill with a needle is rather lacking. And I just now realized the bird sounds I'm hearing are coming from your blog! I LOVE it! Right now I'm trying very hard to stay sane during a rather long and horribly cold Canadian winter and the sounds of birds coming from my computer are so lovely! Thank you for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Betty,

    Thank you for your kind advise on my blog. I hope you will find your table soon! I believe it will turn up eventually. I had not expected to find mine so soon :-)

    Your gift looks lovely! A swap like that is such a good idea.

    Have a lovely Sunday!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betty I love cross stitch- I used to do it all the time-- but I guess I let it go when I got my obsession with yarn!! This piece is just beautiful-- makes me wish I was doing it again.
    Xoxo
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Betty, What a gorgeous cross stitch. A wonderful gift to receive. Just wanted to wish you and your family a Happy Easter!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.