Sunday, 9 December 2012

Pause in Advent December 9th


 I saw the new pictures of Earth viewed from space by satellite and was amazed at the detailed sight of our planet  through the eyes of new technology -  a bauble full of lights and colour, detailing rivers and landscape, even fishing boats could be identified, such detail that whole towns of lights were twinkling out into space - a brightly sparkling bauble in God's hand.

Source Google Images

Today I am decorating the living tree we potted and grew on from last Christmas, I buy a new bauble every year and when they come out I remember our children growing up, landmark years and events.  This year's new bauble will remind me of that vision from space satellite of our planet teeming with light and life - a fairy light amongst many across the sky of God's vast universe.  Treasure in God's hand.
More Pause in Lent thoughts hosted by Floss here

11 comments:

  1. Hello there Betty! How nice to meet you! Thank you for coming to visit and may your Christmas be full of the life and light of wonder. Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great picture to show and I'll take a closer look to zoom in.

    Did your tree grow over the year? Show pics, pls!

    I am digesting your comment on the possibility of peace..it made an impact on me, definitely and I am thinking about a response to your past and current life.

    Fondly...nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing picture. Love your idea of buying a new bauble each year to remember things that are special. Have a super Sunday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing picture! I also buy one new decoration a year for the tree or for the house. This year, it may be for someone else, as we won't be home for Christmas. God bless, Betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely image that you create Betty - our 'bauble' earth, a treasure in God's hand. One to dwell on as we decorate the tree - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely! I love your metaphor for the Earth, beautifully put! Hope you are well!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be thinking this all week, Betty, as I look at our hanging things. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely, thoughtful 'pause'. It took me way up amongst the stars for a minute! Thank you.
    xxx alex

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the thought of the world as a beautiful, twinkling bauble in God's hands.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a beautiful image, the world shining in God's hands.

    When I was a child we used to have a living, rooted tree and planted it back in the garden each year. We would use a tree for around 4 years before it was unable to be dug up again and then get a new one, so we also ended up with several in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! We're floating here, protected and loved.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.