Friday, 23 November 2012

Making....

Still experimenting with the knitted felting I made a bangle - the instructions were in my new book but I deviated and instead of using wool to make the coloured sections, I used recycled sari silk in beautiful jewel purple, red and green which I bought from Carolyn at Love Stitching Red.


Carolyn has lots of beautiful things including textiles and threads in her online shop.  I found her quite by chance when blog hopping - her blog is here


I am really pleased with my version,  the silk has a lovely texture and the jewel colours really go well with heavy felt.  I sewed the sari silk wraps in place so they don't move or unravel.



I am thinking about things that might work in my Folksy shop, any suggestions are welcome.  This weekend I am making a handful of silk painted lavender bags that will be going in Folksy next week to test the water. here's a glimpse of work in progress - I am just filling with lavender right now and the whole house smells wonderful!

My cracked arm is better and I am back at work and able to drive, thankyou for all the comments and emails, blogland is a lovely community to be part of. 

Looking forward to a walk in the woods - I have some ideas for making something with twigs and leaves so am hoping to find suitable materials.  My photo album is slowly taking shape and is really enjoyable to be doing, I will show when it's finished.

Have a lovely weekend and please stop if you have time to leave a comment - I do leave the moderation off on new posts to make it quick and easy. Betty x


14 comments:

  1. I love your bangle!
    There are so many nice little things to knit, aren't there?
    Happy woods walking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bangle idea and we so like the lavender bags. Glad to hear your arm is better. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats a beautiful bracelet and i love the silk bags, take care of your sore bones!Continued good healing to you,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty bracelet in fall colors! Glad your arm is better, too. I have been silk painting this morning and my hands are stained red...what brand of gutta resist do you use, and do you put it in a bottle and squeeze it out? Your lines are clean, whereas my lines are very shaky and blobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy I use Pebeo gutta in a metal tube that comes with it's own nozzle, I will email you as I think you are using something else and it sounds hard work!

      Delete
  5. Hello Betty - firstly just to say am glad you are feeling much better & "mended" well my friend. Secondly, your bangle is soo gorgeous & those lavendar bags - Oh My !!! The colours are beautiful. I am sure filling the house with the scent of lavendar can be so healing for you too. I have just shut my eyes and taken a big sniff to imagine being there with you :-) Gentle hugs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad dem bones are healing! Pretty bracelet. Have put a couple of links on your FB page for cheaper ways to buy the yarn. Have a great weekend Betty. Will catch-up over the weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps forgot to say....lavender bags are a GREAT idea!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Betty, I'm really glad you're on the mend. The bangle is lovely - I really like that recycled sari silk, although it has to be used carefully (as you have done, of course!). I have two items in it - a bag, which is fantastic, and gloves, which are kind of like yeti hand-puppets. Not actually very useful or attractive, those two... But warm, I give them that! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pleased to hear that you are recovering.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful bangle! I love the lavender bags too! Glad you are better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Betty, your bangle is so pretty. I think the jewel colours work so well as the silk makes it look very rich and luxurious. Your silk painting on the lavendar bags is very fine. Glad you are on the mend. Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you are better.. and the bangle is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you are better.. and the bangle is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.