Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Painting


 First of all, welcome to all the new followers that have appeared from nowhere!  I have visited some of you, but there are a few without blogs - maybe you will start one up?
 It's rainy and windy this week so I dug out some leaves I had dried for inspiration and got painting on some silk.





I enjoy painting leaves more than flowers - are you fed up with leaves? they are so interesting, their colours and shapes, they like being painted, the colour seeps and blends very nicely on leaves.


the rest of the week looks like this: work, find a bird feeder big enough to deter cats and squirrels, order silk supplies, pluck up courage to actually sell something on my new EBay account, find out more about those local walks, find snap dragon seeds for my garden, think about (only think) decorating my dining room.

Bye for now.




8 comments:

  1. You have inspired me to try leaves on silk! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look forward to seeing yours Nancy, I get totally lost in my own little world when painting leaves - the ink really blends nicely - I don't know if you have tried this, but if you wet the silk in areas of the leaf (say half or a third) the colours when applied will make a nice effect.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I do like browns and golds at the moment.

      Delete
  3. Wow!That is stunning.Love the darker colours but don't stop painting your flowers because they are always so beautiful too.Great job, Betty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I like dark colours too.

      Delete
  4. Betty, I just got some very thin silk, unlike the 12 mm that I had been using. Gonna try painting some this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent - you will find this much nicer to work with and the gutta will hold better, is it Ponge 5? that is what I use.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.