Saturday, 21 January 2012

Letting Go - Spiritual Sunday




I release all anger because anger harms me - Brian L Weiss

a quote from a lovely book I am reading ... will tell you about it another time, it got me thinking and I made some progress with forgiveness as follows:
 
Anger consumes,

Negativity feeds off our souls.
Letting it go is very liberating.

Smiling from within radiates goodness.

Forgiveness has always been hard for me, but giving it to our Creator and asking Him to forgive answers the problem....

notsalmon.com
...Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us are words from the Lord's Prayer that I used to whisk through without thought. A prayer said so many times it had ceased to register.  A few weeks away from my familiar routine and the same prayer revisited.  I understand now that these words are an opportunity to release anything negative that is holding on to me. 



12 comments:

  1. A great encouraging post....and so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure like that bendy tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the thought of smiling from within Betty. My word for this year is liberty. There's a lot of letting go in liberty..I'm having to really work on it in all kinds of directions. x0x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always give us something to think about, Betty! Lovely and inspirational words as always and I love that first pic...very celestial.....I've also enjoyed looking at all your silks on your sidebar...they're so pretty. Have a good week, Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great words, Betty. You are so forward thinking, so ready for life's adventure. I love that about you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. G'day Betty. Lovely post. Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for comments this week. Nana, I haven't painted anything for ages, seem to have lost the mojo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely, Betty! I remember a really intense conversation with a passionate old lady I used to visit in my last church. She loved God, but she told me that whilst she could forgive anything anyone did to her, she couldn't forgive people who harmed children. She wondered if God would therefore not forgive her... I liked the way she expressed the ideas that most of us don't even like to think about. She and I didn't come to any easy conclusions but that's not the point, I think.

    Have a really blessed week - it's good to read how God is leading you into new openess with Him

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi - we crossed comments! Funny when that happens! Thanks for yours... Enjoy your spring cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Forgiveness is never easy. It goes against our human nature. The natural tendency is to figure out how to retaliate. Whenever I find it hard to forgive someone, I recall the story of Joseph and how he forgave his brothers for the terrible things they did to him. He realized that God was working everything out for good not only for him but for his whole nation.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  11. I realised recently that forgiveness was something I did to be gentle with me. Relising that made a big difference in me being able to let go of my resentment. I realised I wasn't condoning the hurtful behaviour I had experienced but was letting go of the anger I held onto that only hurt me. I hope you've ahd a lovely weekend. Em x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.