Monday, 26 December 2011

Feeling Gratitude

Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.--William Arthur Ward

These were my early morning prayers today....

Thankyou for my Christmas morning quiet time, full of anticipation for the day ahead
Thankyou for the cards and messages from friends near and far



Thankyou for the light and warmth in my home, making our Christmas day feel secure and homely


Thankyou for the presents I received from the people I love: warm knitting comfort, snowflake crochet and a book to lose myself in from blogging buddy Nana, CK mugs from my sons. warm woolly clothing from my hubby and pink bubbly and chocolate from my best friend.

Most of all, thankyou Father God that in these uncertain times I can hold on to my hopes and dreams for the year  ahead and feel secure in the reality that I have a family and friends I love and a home that provides our needs.

Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don't unravel.--Anonymous





5 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for YOU, Betty! You care for people and rejoice in the comforts and blessings of home. Your good attitude is contagious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, Betty! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and will have plenty of time to enjoy the blessings of the day.

    xofrances

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'day Betty. Beautiful post.Best wishes for the New Year. I hope it is a safe and happy one for you and your family. Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am new too your blog, having come via topchelseagirl's award post. I like your writing and look forward to reading lots more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm ever-so-grateful for you too, Betty!Salt of the Earth, you are. Happy,Happy New Year to You and Yours.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.