Friday, 26 February 2010

Nearly Finished

Do you remember I showed you my friend Larissa's Russian lacquer soup set and plates? well I was using them as inspiration to make a silk painting for her and have now finished.
In the end I opted for the shapes of strawberries and leaves in the red items and finished up with this:


I also did one a few weeks back inspired by the shapes in her brown and gold patterned collection


Next step is to turn these into little cushions - my first sewing machine project.   

6 comments:

  1. They are both gorgeous. Clever you. They'll look great as cushions. Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yappy! Wow! They are beautiful! I am so excited to hear how your sewing endeavors turn out! I'm cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies, I was feeling a bit that they weren't good enough but have cheered up now.
    It's lovely to have encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both SO pretty! I'm in awe of what you do...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo...pretty! There is just something so cheery about strawberries. Have a good weekend.
    ; )
    ~Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks folks, my head will get so big I will have to turn my comments off!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.