Monday, 7 November 2022

October

 We carved our pumpkin for Halloween.



I dug up.my potatoes  our first  edible success from the allotment!  We ate them with home made pizza and salad.


The nearby town of Reigate has a Morrisons supermarket, I should have done my weekly shop there but I couldn't resist looking at all the shop windows dressed for Halloween...



















Our allotment group finished building a shelter and we celebrated with a bbq, fire pit and alcohol

I have a few days off work now and am painting some of the rooms in our house ... back soon :)

14 comments:

  1. It looks like a great village you life in….like the shops….happy new week love from me and Leaf 🍀🐾💗🍀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the potatoes from the allotment!
    Good Luck with your rooms' painting!
    The first photo (carved pumpkin) and your last photo (firepit) - are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun it would be to do some window shopping. In our little town there aren't many shops left so most windows are empty. Potatoes from the allotment is a great start. The pizza looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fun to see all the different windows!
    Good to have an allotment celebration...gardeners stick together!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Betty

    Congratulations on your first batch of potatoes. There is nothing like growing your own produce. Your pizza looks delicious. We grow pumpkins on the farm, and I love Pumpkin soup, but have never carved one. Halloween is not so big an occasion as in other countries. Good luck with the painting, have fun!
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the painting's going well, Betty!
    The shops went all out with their Halloween decorating, didn't they? I much prefer the pumpkins and Autumn leaves to the plastic skeletons and nylon spider webs. The tarot cards are lovely.
    We've had a bumper crop of potatoes, topo - don't they taste gorgeous? I'm salivating at that pizza! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That fire looks quite inviting.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's already half November, but a late comment from me!
    Answering your question about radiator foil: I bought it in a building materials store. It's special foil, that needs to be taped at the back of radiators. Mine had tiny magnets for sticking it to the radiator. It reflects back the heat to the room and not to the wall behind. That's the idea. It makes the heat from the radiator more efficient. It should be available in the UK, I should think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your harvest looks marvellous dear Betty :)
    Pizza looks tempting too wow.
    Allotment part sounds great. Among all Halloween stuff wreath are my favourite.
    Best of luck for room paint my friend

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Betty! ♥ I loved seeing all of the shop windows!!! And your pumpkin is fabulous! I hope your painting is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like how you carved your pumpkin. It looks like it is smiling and not scary.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pumpkin looks friendly!!
    I don't really like Halloween and the crazy commercial turn it has taken but I can appreciate the artistry of those clever displays!! Kezzie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting this small corner of the world.