Saturday, 14 December 2019

Cotton clothing - India

It's been hectic in the week since we returned from India.  I had intended to get some posts done but with 2000 pictures and a faulty laptop it could take some time!    

****I have done a post on Delhi which is on my travel blog Magic Carpet Travel


I will be doing more posts about visiting India on the travel blog and will notify you on here if you are interested to skip over for a read.
East skirt and top from Ebay, well worn favorites

Some bloggers have asked what I wore so here are a few snaps of some items that were really cool and comfy, lightweight and pretty and also of Indian ladies in their very pretty attire.   I didn't carry a bag very often as I have a bum bag that conceals really well under my tops.  I took a cloth Whitestuff bag with me for sunglasses, bottle of water, etc., which was made in India (proceeds went to children in India) so fairly eco friendly I think.



colour co-ordinated shoppers Chandi Chowk Market



East top from Ebay, light and cool
  The paint on my forehead was put there by a guru at Varanasi when we were at the fire festival. I will post on Varanasi soon, it was very interesting.

Anokhi cotton vest and blouse, Ebay

I made it to the Anokhi shop in Delhi, I was wearing their cotton vest and blouse, shopped on EBay!  I bought a few things here at a fraction of UK prices.


Hubby also found the Anokhi shop in Jaipur for me where I bought the pink cotton kaftan above.
It was a lovely shop with a cafe - hubby and our driver sat in the store and drank water, enjoying the aircon while I explored the shop!




The glamorous lady next to hubby was a cleaner, this was their pretty uniform.

comfy cotton trousers for car journeys/travel

I took two cotton scarves everywhere to cover my head or arms when needed.

Lime green Anokhi cullottes purchased in Jaipur, most frequently worn item
My lime green cullotes, shopped at Anokhi in Delhi were worn the most.  I wore them again in Dubai where we stopped over for a couple of nights on the way home (above).   Pink scarf handy for covering arms.


this favaourite kaftan always comes to the beach

The beautiful girl below came off our flight into Varanasi to get married,wearing all the fabulous traditional red and gold wedding attire, she agreed to having a picture taken, but looked very nervous and sad I thought.




Back soon with more posts.






5 comments:

  1. All your clothes looked so cool and comfortable. I love the culottes, so useful and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous post to read on a Sunday morning. I love that pic of the two colour-co-ordinated ladies at the market. Popping over to travel blog now.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking gorgeous in Agra Fort!!
    What a fabulous travel wardrobe. Love that cyclamen pink on you, such a wonderfully Indian colour. The green culottes are great, they'll be a travel staple for years and way nicer than those half-mast beige trousers so many British women travellers seem to favour.
    I can never get over how beautiful Indian women are, that cleaning lady next to Steve looks regal and the bride should be a Bollywood heroine.
    A lady left a comment on my blog last week that she'd been to another Indian clothes shop I love "Cotton Cottage" and came out with 17 items of clothing. Hope there's something left for me in January! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow your pick of dresses is splendid dear Betty :)
    i loved each but in green you look more gorgeous to me :)))
    enjoyed the glimpse of your wonderful trip
    i will come back and read your post about Dehli for sure
    wising you more happiness and peace in days ahead my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Betty :) I love all of the clothes you wore, especially the outfit in the first photo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting this small corner of the world.