Wednesday, 17 August 2016


Hello visitor, we are enjoying some beautiful sunshine here in the UK in leafy Surrey and there have been days out, walks in the woods and a trip to the seaside.


West Wittering is only an hour or two from us by car and near beautiful Chichester town (where we stopped to buy picnic supplies and will be going back to spend more time and explore as it's worth a visit of its own). 



The beach at one end is crowded and full of stripey windbreakers, but further down it is empty and quiet, the tide was out so there was a huge expanse of smooth sand.  I would love to live here (in a beach hut perhaps) and walk along the shoreline every day looking for shells.....



We took a picnic and wandered along, found a good spot to sunbathe on the lovely soft sand and spent the whole day enjoying the sea air.  Fish come up on the tide and are easy to catch (and return!).











Later in the week we had such beautiful weather that I was able to do silk painting outside.


and used the flowers in my garden tubs as the subject ...



 Blackberry and elderberry are early this year so I went picking with my neighbour.  I will be busy picking again for the next week or two and freezing to make cordials.

My days off work are being packed to the full,
(the advantage of being a shift worker!)
we have a lovely gym near us so I am off for a swim ...... 

How's your week been going?
Thank you for stopping here, leave a comment so I can visit you too. 
 



16 comments:

  1. Hello Betty, it is lovely to see the blue sea & sky & the sunshine over at your part of the world while I sit here wrapped in a rug & stoke the fire up. Your silk painting is just soooo beautiful, you are so talented to do such work. Thank you for your visits to my blog & your lovely comments too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Julie, thank you, I'm glad you like the silk painting, I really enjoyed doing it in the sunshine. Keep snug.

      Delete
  2. It sounds as though you are having such a lovely time off. Your silk painting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabethd, we are so lucky to be able to drive to the beach in an hour or two and to have woodland nearby as well, spoiled for choice!!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiufl beach, how lovely to have it on your doorstep. I'd be on it all the time if I lived nearby!
    Your painting is beautiful.
    Enjoy the sunshine, I intend to! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit of a drive but well worth it :D make the most of the sunshine as I hear there's rain on the way!

      Delete
  4. I love the photo of the tiny fish in your hand, Betty!
    Yay for adventures!
    Your painting is so gorgeous today (and always!)
    Must tend to a long letter to you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you PomPom, glad you like the painting. I was surprised to get hold of the little fish and thought perhaps he was ill but, no, he was ok and went back in the sea! I will look forward to a letter :D

      Delete
  5. Beautiful silk painting!

    The stripe windbreakers on the beach are so fun. I don't recall seeing them before. Google brings up a lot in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The windbreakers really make the beach look fabulous I think (and hide the less pretty things like chairs, picnic bags and tatty towels!) we have been trying to get one but Argos are sold out here. I think they have been around since the 60s because I remember seeing them on beaches as a child! maybe they are enjoying a revival.

      Delete
    2. I hope they are revived. I'd love to have one on my patio.

      Delete
  6. It worked! By The time I thought about going to the beach this week, our two days of summer were over. Tipping it down here! Just love your latest painting. You've GOT to turn them into cards for sale in your Folksy shop.Will write later.Have a great weekend.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you. I much prefer the empty, deserted stretches of beach! Lovely! Your silk painting is beautiful! Aw, cute little fish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never pictured such a beautiful beach in England! My husband is teasing me with discussions of traveling there sometime in the next few years, s ok maybe I'll see it with my own eyes.

    Your painting is beautiful. How nice to have such talent! (You don't need to visit me back as I haven't written in a long time. :-( )

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you are enjoying the sunny weather and having a great summer. Your silk painted flowers are beautiful.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.