Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Chit Chat

I just went into town in my (fake) fur coat and fluffy boots to find I was overdressed as it is about 60f outside and we are having a Spring moment - it's sunny and bright and on returning I have felt compelled to wash my curtains and windows!  Isn't it surprising how the sunshine affects us - the distant hum on the estate confirms that at least three neighbours have rushed out to mow their lawns!



I came back to find the post had arrived- first my silk painting supplies - there had been a problem with the order but a quick phone call yesterday and it was sorted - everything arrived today!

Also in the post was a scarf I bid for on EBay - I get huge delight from vintage silk scarves - in particular Liberty and Jacqmar ... this pretty scarf was mine for £10.50 including delivery - it is in perfect condition, a beautiful bit of vintage indulgence



Thankyou for all the good wishes for my birthday - I had a really nice day walking dogs.  My two best cards were these - the fairies glow in the dark so this one is staying next to my bed...



and this one - I love the combination of pink and yellow and will keep it for inspiration.



I had a very special pressy too - from my blogging buddy Nana (thankyou xxx) - this dear little robin applique  (made by sweetybirdlove.blogspot.com)



I went to Brighton with my brother on Sunday, it was bitterly cold so we had a pub lunch.  I saw this cake in a teashop which made me smile - you would have to read 50 Shades of Grey to appreciate it I think.  



Well I'm off now to wash windows.... have a lovely week.
Betty x

23 comments:

  1. Hi Betty!
    Washing windows is a very good thing to do! I love clean curtains, too!
    I'm glad spring is coming to England!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My curtains smell lovely PomPom and as soon as the windows were open - the neighbours cat appeared! what a nice bonus.

      Delete
  2. I too had a very spring like moment in taking down the heavy/cosy winter items and replacing with voiles and fresh feeling fabrics xx I agree with the yellow & pinks in that second card, absolutely gorgeous.

    I am just waiting for the last item for my parcel in the spring swap, I am really excited xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are well organised! because of the delay in delivery of my materials I haven't started my swap yet.

      Delete
  3. Happy window washing! It is a lovely sunny day and we had a great walk. Love the scarf. Amazing what people don't want. We love vintage too. Have a terrific Tuesday Betty.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You like vintage too! excellent. Glad you had a good walk Molly.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful scarf you found, such pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Elizabeth - I love these colours. I have 5 days off next weekend so am going to be making your swap gift - the things I needed were delayed and so I am very behind!

      Delete
  5. Look at all that blue! It's lovely to read about your doings - today it's incredibly windy here, but I did get to mow the lawn on Sunday before the wind started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, to think that not so long ago I couldn't warm to blue - I am very fond of it these days!

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday, Betty ~ I didn't know when it was...
    Glad you had some lovely cards.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely to catch up with you. Glad you had a good birthday and I love the fairy card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mowing their lawns! Washing windows and curtains I can understand, lol. It is lovely to see the sun again and lucky me, I have a few days off. Love the primrose in the tea pot, so spring like :-) Lovely pressie from Nana. Hope you had a great birthday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes - Nana chooses the most fabulous gifts. Thanks for popping by

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Betty,its amazing how a little drop of sunshine gives us so much more energy.Its been glorious here today too :o)
    I've been doing a little pottering about the garden and listening to the birds churping away....
    lots of lawn mowing around here too,we're holding off for as long as possible!
    Sorry I missed your birthday,but happy belated wishes and I adore that fairy card too.
    Take care,love juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another little pisces :-) congratulations ! Lovely post , enjoyed reading on . The sun just works miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't buy anymore vintage scarves - I have drawerfuls of them!!!I didn;t realise that card lit up in the dark!Robin looks so at home at yours too. Great post - almost makes me want to go out and clean my windows.....almost!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. YOU made me smile with this post, Betty, as I walked into town with my fake fur coat and rather warm clog boots on the other day too! hehe...I felt totally out of season..Belated birthday Wishes **** to You also! Love Your vintage scarf! And how lovely is that appliqué picture! Enjoy your day. It has gone ever so chilly again here! May need the winter woollies once more! ~ With kind thoughts Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy belated birthday!

    You scored with that pretty silk scarf.

    By now you have clean windows and curtains...enjoy your ALMOST spring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what lovely gifts! I love the glow in the dark fairy card ever so much too! Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those piccies ,especially the robin. Love your posts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.