Monday, 13 February 2012

Dabbling

Scribbling and dabbling.


I have a teach yourself watercolour library book.  I like my foxgloves but have a lot to learn.  It's much more affordable than painting on silk, I bought a roll of wallpaper lining to practice on so it doesn't matter if a mistake happens and I don't have to try and do a perfect picture first time.  I am finding it hard to mix the colours but it's coming along.


Amber brought her neighbour in, he pops in for a drink and warm up.  He hisses a lot when you send him home.  I would quite like to keep him but he has a loving family, he is Ambers best friend.





I have been writing in my gratitude journal, quite a few bloggers have one.  The idea is to keep a journal and write every day something you are grateful for.  When I started I thought I will never fill it, but am surprised how much I have to say.



Back soon with more ramblings. Bettyx

8 comments:

  1. Betty, I think your watercolor is gorgeous! The big striped cat looks very cuddly. How nice that Amber has a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Pom Pom your watercolour is amazing. You are so talented.

    You are so lucky!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou both, that's very encouraging!

      Delete
  3. I love your foxgloves - one of my favourite flowers, and sometimes pictures of them are disappointing. Yours aren't!

    Have you read the book 1000 Blessings? I've started it and am pretty amazed about how the writer makes sense of this whole business of gratitude. She started a list like yours and it changed her life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops - 1000 Gifts, not Blessings! I have it on Kindle so I don't continually see the title...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try and find a copy Floss, it sounds interesting, thankyou.

      Delete
  5. Your Foxgloves are stunning,You have real talent,Betty,well done.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much toadstool house, I hope I don't sound smug - it's really encouraging to have positive comments. Betty

      Delete

Thank you for visiting, please leave a comment if you would like me to know you passed this small corner of the world. To prevent spam I block anonymous comments.